Senior Product Manager - Aqua Nutrition M/W
Business Development /
Innovafeed contributes to the construction of a sustainable food system by developing
a pioneering and innovative industry: the breeding and processing of insects (Hermetia Illucens fly).
- To have a positive overall environmental impact based on circular economy and inspired by natural food chains;
- To generate territorial economic dynamism : in order to feed and raise our larvaes, we are co-located with agro-industrial partners that provide us with co-products and low footprint energy.
Incorporated in 2016, Innovafeed manufactures and sells 3 different insect-based products:
- For a high-quality aquaculture respectful of animals’ natural diets, insect protein is obviously the best fish feed, particularly for salmon and trout that you would fly fish in a river! 🐟
- For a sustainable farming respectful of animal welfare, insect oil is efficient for feeding animals like poultry and pig 🐤
- For a regenerative agriculture respectful of soils’ integrity, insects feces are leveraged as an efficient organic fertilizer 🌱
The success of our project depends on a dynamic and talented team. We opened the first
production site in Gouzeaucourt (Hauts-de-France) in 2017.
We launched our second production site in Nesle (Somme) at the end of 2020: and it is 20x times larger than Gouzeaucourt!
To finance this scale-up, we have raised more than €150 M, through prestigious investors like Creadev, Temasek, business angels but also local and regional financial supports.
We are experiencing significant growth through strong market traction and significant production scale-up.
That’s why we need a strong team which shares the same values in order to reach our goal: to become the world’s insect protein leader!
Therefore we are looking for new talents able to get deeply involved in our amibious and dynamic company.
You believe in the insect protein potential and you are convinced of the central position it should hold in the food chain? Then, we believe you are ready to on-board the InnovaFeed adventure!
Our recruitment process is objective, inclusive and fair. It’s very important for us to offer from the start a clear, smooth and constructive recruitment experience for each applicant.
This senior Aqua Product Manager would be responsible for launching InnovaFeed’s new ingredient NovaGain on the shrimp market with a focus on South East Asia (and a lesser focus on LATAM).
The responsibilities for this role include:
1. Business Development:
- Identifying and developing commercial leads with key shrimp industry players
- Demonstrating NovaGain product performance at commercial scale via pilot projects
- Setting up strategic commercial off-take contracts for NovaGain
2. Product Development:
- Continuously improving product quality in partnership with InnovaFeed’s R&D department
- Piloting in vivo trial programs with world class research facilities to explore additional functional properties of ingredient
- Management of IP: publications and patenting generated by NovaGain product
3. Marketing & Promotion:
- Building a strong branding universe for NovaGain and rolling out marketing strategy
- Representing InnovaFeed at key industry events around the globe to promote NovaGain
- Building strong network / ecosystem locally (scholars & academics / local authorities / Non-For-Profits / Certification bodies etc… ) to support market penetration of NovaGain
4. Key Account Management:
- Managing relationship with feed formulator (direct customers) and shrimp farmers (indirect
customers) to deploy strong value chain integration NovaGain Product
- Lifting logistical and administrative hurdles related to NovaGain product import / export into SEA
- Organizing NovaGain product Sales and ensuring best in class customer experience
This position is remote or based in our location in Paris.
Your qualifications and skills
- Your background is international and you ideally have past experiences in South East Asia.
- 10+ Years experience in the aquafeed industry ideally with experience in the shrimp feed industry in partiicular
- You have a technical / scientific education with focus on animal / aqua nutrition
- You already have a commercial and marketing experience with an angle for innovative and functionnal products
- A product development experience is a plus.