Office & Events Coordinator
Los Angeles, CA
Talent and Operations – Operations
Innovate Public Schools is seeking an organized, energetic and experienced Office & Events Coordinator to plan and execute events, execute administrative duties, and fulfill office procedures in our Los Angeles office. The ideal candidate will be a tech-savvy, proactive, and meticulously organized problem solver and effective multi-tasker who is resourceful, takes initiative, can work autonomously, and demonstrates excellent follow through and a passion for event planning. The Los Angeles Office & Events Coordinator must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage complex assignments. In addition to successful events coordination, the successful candidate must ensure smooth office function while fostering a positive office culture and supporting day-to-day operations in a fast-paced environment.
About Innovate Public Schools
Innovate Public Schools is a nonprofit organization focused on ensuring that ALL students, including low-income students and students of color, receive an excellent education. We’re building a movement of families, educators, and business and elected leaders who together will make this vision a reality. We build the capacity of parents and educators to innovate and act together to create world-class public schools, and we publish easy-to-understand school quality data and research that highlights both problems and solutions. Innovate Public Schools supports parents across the region to build powerful community organizations in their local communities that can successfully push for better schools and hold the system accountable to the needs of families and children. Innovate currently leads a network of grassroots community organizations led by passionate parent leaders from across Los Angeles and the Bay Area in Santa Clara, San Mateo and San Francisco counties.
- Ensure the smooth operation of the office, including monitoring and ordering office supplies, and maintaining a productive working environment
- Provide general administrative support to Los Angeles-based staff
- Implement systems necessary to ensure effective day-to-day office operation and update and maintain office policies as necessary.
- Coordinate with the Manager, Talent & Technology regarding all office equipment.
- Provide general support to visitorsPlan, design, and produce in-house events while managing project deliverables within time limits.
- Proactively, in cooperation with internal stakeholders and program team leads, define event goals, objectives and execution plan.
- Identify and secure venues that meet the needs of our events.
- Manage all event logistics such as location amenities, catering, transportation, AV & equipment needs, event materials, entertainment, etc.
- Manage key vendor and contractor relationships, such as building management, catering, event venues, translation / interpretation, childcare and other vendors/contractors
- Oversee and/or execute special projects as requested
- 2 years of successful relevant work experience as an office manager, administrative assistant, project coordinator, or event manager.
- Strong organizational and planning abilities; must be well-organized, detail-oriented and able to work independently.
- Proficiency using typical office software (email tools, spreadsheets and databases), including Microsoft Office Suite and G-Suite.
- Proven ability to efficiently multitask and prioritize work.
- Passion for equity in education and creating more high-quality school options for working families.
- Ability to work in a startup environment, requiring flexibility, self-motivation, self-directed problem-solving, collaborative work style, drive toward results, and enthusiasm.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to receive and gather feedback.
- Willingness to contribute to a larger team in a dynamic, learning environment.
- A valid driver's license and reliable, insured vehicle (needed to fulfill job requirements).
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United StatesDiscretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to work occasional evening meetings/events and some weekends.
- Spanish-speaking preferred but not required
Compensation depends on experience and is highly competitive. Innovate Public Schools, through TriNet, offers a range of benefits for you, including 5% employer contribution to 401k and paid time off (PTO). You will accrue PTO at a rate of 0.076923 hours of PTO per hour worked. This is the equivalent of four weeks PTO if you were working 40 hours/week. After two years, this increases to 0.096154 hours of PTO per hour worked (the equivalent of five weeks if you were working 40 hours/week). Innovate also provides a reimbursement of up to $80 per month to compensate for your usage of a personal cell phone for work purposes.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while successfully performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the person in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon your unrestricted authorization to work in the United States and the ability to provide documentation establishing your identity and un restricted authority to work within the time period specified by law.