Senior Ruby on Rails Developer - Copenhagen
Development – CBP SA /
At Inpay, you will play a key role in a fast growing, international payment service provider with huge ambitions. We expect you to have the same and that you can see yourself as part of a dynamic industry and company.
The position is at the heart of Inpay in our client faced side of the application, where you will be part of an agile team working in a highly collaborative environment. We strive to have high quality and usability for our clients as well as building a robust and scalable platform to support Inpay’s future business aspirations.
As part of the development team, you will be participating in developing Inpay products and services. The position connects the binary world with the commercial world. Not only will you grow your developing skills, but also achieve an in-depth understanding of the Financial and FinTech industry and develop skills within business communication and interaction and programming. You will get the autonomy to experiment, pick the best tools and technologies and design the right solutions to deliver the best possible solution for our future growth.
We are a very diverse group of professional people from all over the world and aims to maintain a nimble and flexible approach to our business. We promise that at Inpay you’ll never stop learning! You’ll be surrounded by international and highly skilled colleagues, so prepare yourself for some interesting and intellectual conversations.
Please note: The position will be based in our offices in Copenhagen.
We have legendary company outings, beers on Friday and lots of FUN!
Your primary tasks will be:
- Design, develop and maintain financial applications, used by corporates, and other financial institutions, together with the development team and PO.
- Understand, analyse and automate business processes
- Work directly with stakeholders, to collect and understand their business requirements, translate this non-techie language into functional software
- Integrate with external web services
- Assist building professional looking technical API documentation
You have the following profile:
- Advanced experience developing scalable applications with Ruby.
- Approach challenges with a methodological way to find a suitable solution.
- Strong communication and collaborative skills and mindset.
- Experience with integration of external web services.
- Experience with background processing.
- Experience with developing web applications and RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge of Relational databases such as MariaDB, MySQL or Postgres.
- Knowledge of Non-relational databases such as Elastic Search.
- Experience with source control, preferably Git.
- Experience with writing integration and unit tests.
- Ability and curiosity to learn new frameworks.
Set up in 2008 in a bid to make cross-border transactions easier, Inpay is a successful and fast-growing Danish Fintech company that processes millions of transactions each year. We see ourselves as the interface between the financial technology revolution and the established banking system. As such, we offer an international, dynamic workplace that welcomes curious, creative and challenger colleagues. We are ambitious and agile by nature and hold ourselves accountable to our core values of trust, accountability, passion, innovation and respect.
Our headquarters are in the royal quarter of central Copenhagen, with further offices in London. You can see a snapshot of what working life looks like here.
We think globally and are part of an umbrella group that holds the big dream to financially include 100 million people in the next ten years. This means the pace is high, suggestions and ideas are always welcome, failures and learnings are part of the routine, and we expect you to go the extra mile so we can conquer the world together.
Find out more about Inpay here.