PHP Data Engineer
As a PHP Data Engineer you will use your exceptional database and development skills and experiences to architect and develop data models and structures for responsive Drupal websites and web applications. As a member of our world-class agency, you will work on innovative and inspired work across a variety of clients.
- Perform ETL processing. Deal with raw data that contains human, machine or instrument errors, may be un-validated, unformatted or contain suspect records or system-specific codes.
- Recommend and sometimes implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient database structures
- Develop functions and scripts to import data into the designed database structure, via RESTful APIs, manual uploads, and other methods.
- Develop functionality to query data for use in web applications and visualizations.
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years’ experience developing in PHP
- 2+ years’ experience working with the Drupal Content Management system, version 8 preferred
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Experience working with ElasticSearch and MySQL database management systems
- Demonstrated experience with REST API integrations
- Experience working with NoSQL data architectures is a huge plus
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and hit deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrates good judgment, excellent planning, problem-solving, troubleshooting, management, and communication (verbal and written) skills with the ability to think strategically, act quickly, multi-task, and work collaboratively in an environment that values creativity and flexibility to make things happen.
Applicant Eligibility: Please note, only candidates who are US citizens or able to work on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship are eligible to apply. No recruiters or staffing agencies please.