Senior Web Developer
Washington, DC /
Insomniac Design is a global digital agency headquartered in Washington D.C., with offices in London, Bucharest and Chisinau. We’re an agile, determined and innovative team organized by functional areas of expertise — Creative, Technology, Strategy, and Management. We specialize in human-centered design with deep focus on design thinking and digital transformation.
A Senior Full-Stack Developer at Insomniac Design is responsible for architecting and developing responsive websites and applications from back-end and database development to implementing front-end styling and interactivity. This role is expected to have a high level of experience with CMS-driven web applications (specifically Drupal) and comfortability building and scaling robust products.
While you don’t need to have every skill on our list, you should be proficient in different languages and programming paradigms, as well as working within and outside of various back-end and front-end frameworks. More importantly, you should be curious about new technologies and constantly learning new skills, libraries, and frameworks in order to expand your capabilities and share knowledge with others.
- Architect and build/theme custom websites and applications
- Has a high level of expertise with technologies including PHP, Content Management Systems (Drupal 7 and Drupal 8), Laravel, Node, and Angular.
- Innovation in deliverables – show a strong desire and passion to implement new technologies to make the next project better than the last. We can always do better.
- Work closely with the creative team as necessary, to ensure proper implementation of designs to ensure adequate retention of user experience.
- Work directly with clients as well as, designers, project managers, and user experience leads on assigned projects.
- Thorough cross-browser and cross-device testing of the product
- Provide test scripts.
Skills & Experience
- Candidates for this position must have previous experience developing large complex Drupal 7 and 8 enterprise web applications that include custom views and modules.
- 4+ years experience with responsive Drupal development and theming experience .
- 4+ years experience in Object Oriented Design & Development.
- 3+ years experience with REST API integrations and mastery of working with MySQL databases.
- 3+ years in developing adaptive/responsive websites using frameworks such as Bootstrap as a minimum.
- Experience with implementing and configuring SOLR search.
- Past experience developing applications with the Symphony 2 Framework is a big plus.
- An expert in creating custom Drupal views and modules due to the nature of our projects – we are very creative.
- Ability to analyze requirements and write detailed technical / functional specifications
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and hit deadlines in a fast-paced work environment .
- Demonstrates good judgment, excellent planning, problem-solving, troubleshooting, management, and communication (verbal and written) skills with the ability to think strategically, act quickly, multi-task, and work collaboratively in an environment that values creativity and flexibility to make things happen.
- Demonstrated experience working within fast-paced environments.
Applicant Eligibility: Please note, only candidates who are US citizens or able to work on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship are eligible to apply. No recruiters or staffing agencies please.