Procurement Manager - Development
Philadelphia Support Center (HQ) /
Insomnia Cookies is on a journey to become the most imaginative sweet indulgence brand in the world. As we grow our company and community of Insomniacs, we actively adding a skilled Procurement Manager to our expanding Development team! Based out of our HQ in Center City Philadelphia and reporting directly to the Vice President of Development, the Purchasing Manager will lead strategic sourcing and procurement for, and implementation of, key categories and processes associated with new store, relocation, remodel and special projects. The Purchasing Manager will also be responsible for key financial functions associated with Purchasing, and sourcing and procurement for development department categories.
Sweet Position Perks:
• A competitive base salary plus annual bonus compensation package
• Enrollment in our Cookie Jar internal equity program
• Excellent comprehensive benefits coverage that includes medical, dental, vision, prescription plans and pet insurance
• 401K with contribution match
• 3 weeks paid vacation plus 2 Insomnia Cookies personal wellness days
• Company cell phone and laptop
- Manage direct reports who own the tactical functions associated with new stores, remodels, and special projects programs.
- Manage relationships with key vendor partners, including ensuring that day-to-day deliverables are being met (quality/scope/cost/schedule), including delivering best value.
- Manage and develop RFP process, Negotiate and institute master services and/ or purchasing agreements and renewals with key suppliers.
- Work directly with Legal Department and Supply Chain Department on refining and executing the terms and conditions of all master services and/ or purchasing agreements.
- Proactively lead cost and process optimization related to strategic sourcing and procurement of assigned categories.
- Prepare, negotiate and place annual and supplemental purchases with key suppliers for all Fixtures, Furnishing & Equipment required to support store growth, special projects, and existing stores.
- Utilize creative thinking to develop strategies and programs to drive cost containment and reduction, and process improvements.
- Periodically vet incumbent relationships versus the market to ensure current prices are competitive, and programs and processes deliver maximum efficiencies.
- Partner with finance team to Track, document and report projected savings and ensure that savings are realized after goods and services are delivered. periodically review invoices for the vendors managed, to ensure best costing is being achieved
Desired skills and experience:
- 5-7 years of relevant experience sourcing for and procuring indirect spend categories (fixture and equipment categories experience preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience preferred
- Strong data and financial analysis skills required
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Highly organized, self-motivated, independent thinker who works with minimal direction
- High degree of professionalism including strong work ethic, the initiative to research and vet opportunities independently and contributes to a collegial and collaborative work environment
Insomnia Cookies was founded in a college dorm room by then-student, Seth Berkowitz. Fast forward 19 years and so. many. cookies. later, our innovative bakery + delivery concept has become a cult brand known for its rabid following of cookie lovers who crave Insomnia’s warm, delicious delivery all day and late into the night. With an expanding footprint of over 235 stores nationally, an experiential, “sweet-easy” concept as the brand’s flagship in Philadelphia, Pa. (where Insomnia Cookies is headquartered), and a rapidly-growing nationwide shipping and gifting portfolio, Insomnia Cookies is revolutionizing the cookie game by truly "Imagining What’s Possible"!