Senior Full Stack Developer
Philadelphia PA (Center City HQ)
Digital Technology /
Full Time /
The Insomnia Cookies in-house technology team is constantly pushing forward on both our customer and in-store digital experiences to exceed our guests’ expectations. In order to ensure the success and continued quality of these products, we are adding a Senior Full Stack Developer to our growing team to provide additional front and back-end systems support and proper system integrations while simultaneously leading our future engineering teams.
Comp & Sweet Perks:
• Competitive base salary plus annual bonus
• Excellent comprehensive health benefits
• Enrollment in our Cookie Jar deferred compensation program
• 401k with matching plan
• 3 weeks of paid vacation
• 2 Insomnia personal paid wellness days
• Free cookies and so much more!!
- Writing maintainable, extensible, and thoroughly tested code in a variety of languages that support our ecosystem of web and mobile applications.
- Learning our stack, which consists of: ReactJS, PHP/Laravel, and MySQL.
- Work closely with our team of software and QA engineers to develop and maintain our applications, while simultaneously contributing to our ever-increasing quality standards.
- Work closely with our Product Team to help groom user stories and provide architectural guidance on new initiatives.
- Mentor and guide a team of engineers while following our project and development processes and upholding our coding standards.
- Lead Code Reviews and Architectural Reviews with team members
- Take ownership of a specific business realm, from a technical perspective
Desired skills, education & experience:
- 8+ years of progressive engineering/developer work experience.
- Completed Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering, or technical discipline or equivalent years of work experience.
- Lead/ management experience a plus
- Problem solver mentality with a strong focus on quality, both in hands-on development as well as code reviews and functional reviews.
- Work well in a high output, short-cycle Agile or continuous release environment.
- Understanding of common programming principles and practices that are used to help structure maintainable and extensible codebases.
- Proficiency with UML modeling techniques.
- Strong understanding of unit and integration testing. We have a growing suite of tests on our APIs and front-end applications, with aspirations of maintaining significant coverage of our codebases.
- Experience with using and creating RESTful API systems. GraphQL experience is a plus.
- Dev/ITOps experience is a plus. We have a robust set of CI/CD pipelines which we rely on as part of our development process.
- Experience with an ORM such as Eloquent, Django, Active Record, Entity Framework.
- Development experience with SQL databases preferred, bonus if MySQL or Postgres.
Insomnia Cookies was founded in a college dorm room by then-student, Seth Berkowitz. Fast forward 20 years and so. many. cookies. later, our innovative bakery + delivery concept has become a cult brand known for its rabid following of cookie lovers who crave Insomnia’s warm, delicious delivery all day and late into the night. With an expanding footprint of over 250 stores globally, an experiential, “sweet-easy” concept as the brand’s flagship in Philadelphia, Pa. (where Insomnia Cookies is headquartered), and a rapidly-growing nationwide shipping and gifting portfolio, Insomnia Cookies is revolutionizing the cookie game by truly "Imagining What’s Possible"!