Construction Project Manager - East Coast
Philadelphia PA (Center City HQ)
Insomnia Cookies rapidly growing, nationally recognized, multi-concept retail bakery company is seeking a skilled Construction Project Manager to join our Development team. Though this role requires travel, the base operations will be out of HQ in Center City Philadelphia.
Sweet Position Perks:
• A competitive base salary plus annual bonus compensation package
• Enrollment in our Cookie Jar deferred compensation program
• Excellent comprehensive benefits coverage that includes medical, dental, vision, prescription plans and pet insurance
• 401K with contribution match
• 3 weeks paid vacation plus 2 Insomnia Cookies personal wellness days
- Manage the turnover process of the new and remodeled stores from Construction to Operations, including development and management of the punch list, transference of warranty and maintenance manuals, communication of essential store maintenance procedures, etc.
- Review Contract Documents for accuracy and adherence to concept standards.
- Manage bid process for general contractors, including assembly of bid documents, management of the bid period, analysis of bids, management of approval process, bid award, and issuance of contracts.
- Supervise general contractors and all direct Insomnia Cookies vendors, including management of schedule updates from the general contractor, and updating and coordination as required with Operations.
- Support the Technical Specialist and Permit Specialist with building permit approval and construction document content.
- Manage interaction with landlord and/or landlord’s representative.
- Work with new store coordinator on equipment requisition and delivery and store set-up schedules.
- Ensure compliance to all applicable building codes and the American with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Role requires up to 50% travel
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in project management on multiple projects with at least 2+ years of retail, restaurant or hotel design and/or construction project management experience
- Working knowledge of processes and procedures for construction administration, including CPM scheduling, cost reporting, payment application process, and project status reporting.
- Experience in commercial construction in the capacity of an Owner's representative.
- B.S./B.A. in Architecture/Construction Management, or other degree with equivalent experience is desired.
- Professional registrations, such as license to practice Architecture, CPM, PMP, PE, etc., a plus.
- Ability to direct and motivate outside design professionals and other consultants.
- Ability to communicate and function effectively within a complex corporate environment, including Design team, Purchasing, Operations, Culinary, etc.
- Ability to recognize and take advantage of opportunities to minimize project costs, maintain construction schedules, and improve the quality of completed facilities.
Insomnia Cookies was founded in a college dorm room by then-student, Seth Berkowitz. Fast forward 20 years and so. many. cookies. later, our innovative bakery + delivery concept has become a cult brand known for its rabid following of cookie lovers who crave Insomnia’s warm, delicious delivery all day and late into the night. With an expanding footprint of over 250 stores globally, an experiential, “sweet-easy” concept as the brand’s flagship in Philadelphia, Pa. (where Insomnia Cookies is headquartered), and a rapidly-growing nationwide shipping and gifting portfolio, Insomnia Cookies is revolutionizing the cookie game by truly "Imagining What’s Possible"!