Analyst, Energy (Remote or Hybrid)
Washington, DC /
Charging & Energy /
Position: Analyst, Energy
Company: Inspiration Mobility
Location: Remote or DC or NY Office (Hybrid schedule - M, F Remote)
Eligibility: Inspiration is unable to offer visa sponsorship for this role
Inspiration Mobility is accelerating the transition to an all-electric transportation future by providing a comprehensive EV fleet-as-a-service solution to commercial fleets, including Fortune 500 companies, taxi and for-hire-vehicle operators, venture-backed mobility companies, and many others. Inspiration delivers EV procurement and financing, state-of-the-art charging infrastructure deployment, and fleet operations services, providing companies with a seamless, cost-effective transition to zero-emission electric transportation. Backed by three leading energy and infrastructure investors, we aim to dramatically accelerate fleet electrification in North America while building the leading investment platform focused on the EV transition.
The Analyst, Energy will support all aspects of the Inspiration Energy business with market and customer research, data analysis, and modeling related to project development, energy infrastructure design, and project finance.
This position will enable the Inspiration Energy team to accelerate its customer acquisition, project development, infrastructure design, and analytics efforts as it becomes the preeminent infrastructure partner for commercial EV fleets in North America. This position will work with energy and e-mobility industry leaders on the cutting edge of the fleet electrification industry, helping to build an industry-leading portfolio of charging and energy assets that set the standard for the fleet depots of the future.
As the Analyst, Energy, you will be responsible for:
- Run energy modeling tools for charging and energy infrastructure project planning and design
- Support development and management of mapping database for integrated site selection and development activities (ArcGIS and/or Google Earth)
- Support implementation, configuration, and integration of charging and energy management software tools for ongoing project operations
- Research and obtain critical market or site-specific information necessary to achieve project development goals, including commercial fleet customer data, public charging availability, land use code information, interconnection tariff details, utility rates, and incentives
- Develop templates and processes to streamline and automate energy analytics and other project development tasks wherever possible
- Maintain database and support selection of charging and energy technologies, products, and vendors (both hardware and software)
- Conduct early-stage due diligence on EV charging sites, including GIS mapping analysis and research
- Develop and manage project control tools, such as project management trackers, project schedules, and project expenses and budgets
- Willing to travel domestically up to 25% of the time
- 2+ years of experience in a professional environment, preferred experience with any of the following: renewable energy development, vehicle electrification, EV charging infrastructure, clean energy, power grids, for-hire vehicles, freight or fleet transport, or logistics
- Strong Excel modeling skills
- Database management skills preferred
- Experience with either of the following activities (does not need to have both):
- energy modeling and analytics (e.g., Energy Toolbase) and strong Excel skills
- mapping and CAD (Google Earth, ArcGIS, AutoCAD a plus)
- Familiarity with project management best practices, with organizational and analytical problem-solving skills and excellent attention to detail
- Basic familiarity with financial modeling desired (not required)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities
- Acts always in a way consistent with Inspiration's core values (see below)
- Energized and passionate about the company’s mission to contribute to climate solutions by accelerating the electric vehicle transition
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
Our Core Values:
Inspiration’s culture is based on a shared respect for our core values described HERE. Fit with these values is a critical component of our hiring process, and employees are expected to demonstrate these behaviors in their interactions with colleagues, customers, and all stakeholders. An assessment of how each employee has exhibited our values is an important part of our performance review process.
Our Commitment to You:
Inspiration embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the greater our impact will be!
All offers of employment are contingent upon positive references and a successful background check.