Application Developer (Remote or Hybrid)
Washington, DC /
Technology & Product /
Position: Application Developer
Eligibility: Inspiration is unable to offer visa sponsorship for this role
Inspiration Mobility is accelerating the transition to an all-electric transportation future by providing a comprehensive EV fleet-as-a-service solution to commercial fleets, including Fortune 500 companies, taxi and for-hire-vehicle operators, venture-backed mobility companies, and many others. Inspiration delivers EV procurement and financing, state-of-the-art charging infrastructure deployment, and fleet operations services, providing companies with a seamless, cost-effective transition to zero-emission electric transportation. Backed by three leading energy and infrastructure investors, we aim to dramatically accelerate fleet electrification in North America while building the leading investment platform focused on the EV transition.
The Application Developer will be one of the first hires on the Development team, and will work closely with the Director, Engineering, as well as Product and Data teams to develop new tools and applications across a variety of tech stacks and platforms. This will involve several integrations with external systems and may involve development in several different domains such as mobile development, web development, and the development of data processing tools without a user interface. What you build will be used by drivers, fleet managers, and Inspiration’s internal teams to help accelerate corporate fleet electrification.
Candidates without a degree in computer science should apply; we know there are lots of different ways to learn how to code.
As the Application Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Writing code in production systems
- Participating in the code review process
- Engaging in the Product design process for new features and tools
- Working with other developers to maintain high standards of code quality
- Comfort with git. The ideal candidate should know what a branch is, what a merge conflict is, and understand how to avoid stepping on the toes of collaborators in a code repository.
- Experience working with a database (SQL or NoSQL) in production. The candidate should be able to discuss times they modeled data incorrectly, times they needed to change data in the wild, and times they could not connect to their production database.
- Willing to try new things, read documentation, break stuff, and figure out how to fix it and apenchant to jump at an opportunity when the team needs something that requires creative thinking and coding.
- Willingness to give and receive feedback on code. Ability to discuss issues in code with compassion and without judgment, both giving and receiving.
- Acts at all times in a way consistent with Inspiration's core values (see below)
- Energized and passionate about the company’s mission to contribute to climate solutions by accelerating the electric vehicle transition
Our Core Values:
Inspiration’s culture is based on a shared respect for our core values described HERE. Fit with these values is a critical component of our hiring process, and employees are expected to demonstrate these behaviors in their interactions with colleagues, customers, and all stakeholders. An assessment of how each employee has exhibited our values is an important part of our performance review process.
Our Commitment to You:
Inspiration embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the greater our impact will be!
All offers of employment are contingent upon positive references and a successful background check.