QA Automation Engineer (Remote OK)
San Francisco, CA /
Our QA team is growing and needs someone who is laser focused on raising the software quality bar in a fast-paced environment. This position will give great exposure to the full lifecycle of cross-platform development and provide a strong foundation for future roles in development / QA. This person will be responsible for building test automation, communicating quality updates across the engineering / product organizations, and manually testing new features.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Implement automation tests across both Web and Mobile (IOS & Android). We are willing to train people who have no automation experience but have strong programming skills.
- Manual testing and coverage for new features that have not yet been automated; Perform Black Box and White Box testing
- Manage and configure build servers used for running automation
- Work in collaboration with development team in continuous build & deployment process
- Create efficient test plans and maintain the test case repository as our product grows in functionality
HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 2-4 years experience with UI Automation testing tools. Bonus for Mobile (iOS/Android) experience using Appium and Selenium
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- Knowledge in Relational Database such as MySQL is preferred.
- Self-motivated, especially with respect to learning new software tools and best practices in software quality assurance.
- Startup mentality: self-starter, proactive, flexible.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Health FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Open PTO – take the time you need
- 401k (non-matching)
- Weekly Lunch, snacks, drinks and fun hospitality events
- Bias for Action -- We practice high-velocity decision-making, despite encountering ambiguity frequently.
- Act Like an Owner -- We have a strong ownership mentality, because of this, we work smart, hard, and long. Every person on the team has the potential to have a large impact.
- Always Be Learning -- We learn rapidly and eagerly, from different teams within and outside the company. Respectful debate makes our organization stronger.
- Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Being empathetic to our users and each other helps build trust in our community and company, and fosters successful decision-making.
- Instawork is a remote-friendly company. About half our US team is in our San Francisco HQ and the other half is remote.
- We are open to people in different locations but time overlap with our SF team is important. We're ideally looking for 5-6 hours of overlap time in a day, preferring the first half of the day over the second half of the day.
- We believe the best talent exists everywhere and we are truly committed to attracting and retaining the best talent globally.
- For people that are interested, we are able to sponsor trips to our HQ as needed.
- Our process is designed for easy remote collaboration - we use tools like Github, Confluence, Asana, Zoom, Slack and have a remote-friendly approach to our day-to-day workflows.
- Keywords: Remote job, Work remotely, Telecommute, Virtual job, Home-based, Work from home
Instawork's goal is to be the essential hiring engine for small to medium-sized businesses across
the globe. Our first step toward this goal is to become the "the Uber of Staffing” as our technology
enables us to service the needs of the massive gig economy.
We are well positioned in the warehouse and hospitality space (think large ecommerce companies,
third party logistic providers, catering companies, multi-location restaurants, event venues, golf
courses, etc) and looking to quickly expand our reach across the country and then the globe. Staffing
is by far the biggest struggle the industry faces for both the business and the worker. The Light
Industrial and Hospitality staffing industry is a combined $100+ billion dollar market opportunity that
is primed for disruption. This presents a unique opportunity for technology and innovation to replace
the outdated job boards or help wanted signs in the window.
We are making a difference for thousands of businesses in multiple markets and currently looking
for top-notch talent that want to change the way brick & mortar and large event venues utilize
on-demand talent to fill staffing gaps. Essentially we are enabling gig workers to spend their extra
time to make extra money to close the gap on their financial needs.
We have offices in San Francisco and Bangalore, along with satellite offices in various parts of the
US. You can find out more about us and our values at
https://www.instawork.com/about or find us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn