Group Product Manager
Instawork creates economic opportunity for small businesses and hourly workers by connecting them for a variety of employment opportunities. In addition to being a two-sided marketplace, the online-to-offline nature of our product presents a unique set of product challenges. We're connecting people in physical space and managing around all the unpredictability and unique social dynamics of hourly labor.
Instawork's goal is to be the essential staffing engine for all businesses that support the local workforce. We create flexible opportunities for workers to earn additional income, build new skills, and even test out employers prior to accepting full-time positions. Our vision is to organize the world's labor force and make it as accessible to local businesses as tap water. Whether it’s a light industrial or hospitality business, the Instawork team builds technology to connect people with what gigs they want.
We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), GV (formerly Google Ventures), Spark Capital, Y Combinator, SV Angel, Crunchfund, Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more.
We're looking for a Group Product Manager to help our team of talented engineers and designers ship products that our customers love. This cross functional role will be part of Instawork’s product team in India and will work closely with the entire organization - set product strategy with the executive team, talk to customers to understand their problems, build out features with design and engineering, and work directly with operations and sales teams to scale the business.
What You'll do:
- Lead as well as mentor product managers and designers while also acting as a peer to them to drive an independent lane of product work
- Develop and deploy new strategies for building a high velocity, high performance product development organization in line with our emerging customer needs
- Synthesize feedback, data, and company goals to develop a product roadmap to disrupt the on demand staffing industry
- Define, measure, and share the important critical metrics to measure the success of our on-demand staffing product
- Partner with design, engineering, sales and operations to scope and build features that solve user problems
- Work directly with customers to understand the efficacy of our current product and share the context with the company
- As and when required, manage a product budget - including team building, hiring, product tools and subscriptions
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has 8+ years of overall experience with at least 6 years as a product manager in internet/e-commerce industry
- Has at least 2 years of experience leading a team of junior as well as senior PMs and has led the hiring process to fill critical positions in the organization
- Has strong analytical chops, is metric driven and is hands on with SQL or reporting tools to derive actionable insights from user behavior
- Is obsessed with talking directly with customers and give direction to the overall user research process to rollout products that customers love
- Demonstrates decisiveness and is able to make highly impactful decisions quickly with the best information available at the time; espouses a "disagree and commit" philosophy with a bias for action
- Is familiar with design and engineering best practices and standards on web and mobile
- MBA from Tier 1 institute - ISB or IIMs (A,B,C, K, L)
- Entrepreneurship or small startup experience
Instawork's goal is to be the essential hiring engine for all businesses that support today’s local workforce. People increasingly expect easy access to quality work that fits into their lives, not the other way around. Instawork connects businesses with these qualified workers by creating flexible opportunities for workers to earn income, build new skills, and test out employers prior to accepting full-time positions.
Instawork specializes in hospitality and light industrial skills, the backbone of the local community and essential services. This $70 billion dollar industry in the US suffers from persistent labor challenges that’s prime for disruption. And through the pandemic we’ve seen record growth, delighting thousands of businesses and working Professionals across the country. Leveraging our accelerated growth, we will continue to expand throughout the US and globally in order to revolutionize the labor market
We have offices in San Francisco and Bangalore, along with satellite offices in various parts of the US. You can find out more about us and our values at https://www.instawork.com/about or find us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn