Sales and Marketing Lead
Las Vegas, NV
The nature of work is changing. Millions of people want to choose when and where they work, creating America’s robust gig economy.
Instawork's goal is to become the "the Lyft or Uber of Staffing,” by connecting millions of people with millions of gigs.
We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Google Ventures, Y Combinator, SV Angel, Crunchfund, Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more.
We are currently focused on the hospitality pillar. Las Vegas, the entertainment capital of the world, requires thousands of people to provide world-class service to hotels, conventions, event venues, restaurants, bars, weddings and catering companies.
We are seeking a proven sales and marketing leader to run all local sales and marketing efforts in Las Vegas. In this role, you will be responsible for planning, building and executing sales and marketing plans to drive thousands of gigs in Las Vegas. This role requires an all-around sales and marketing athlete as you’ll have a broad range of responsibilities. These include but are not limited to identifying, pitching, negotiating and executing major partnerships with hotels, events, catering groups, and restaurants. You will also report best practices to share with the company. Additional tasks will include creating and executing marketing strategies to acquire hospitality professionals. No task is too monumental or mundane for you.
You should LOVE the city of Las Vegas. You have marketed or sold to the biggest companies and events in our city. You have deep relationships in the hospitality industry and have a passion for attending networking events. You are entrepreneurial and need little direction as you will be part of a small, on-the ground team. You are up for grinding at light speed. You are thrilled to own the various aspects of local sales and marketing.
Here's what you’ll do day-to-day
- Whatever it takes to help create thousands of hospitality gigs in Las Vegas
- Attend networking events, create sales and marketing materials, knock on doors, post fliers, etc. to raise awareness for Instawork
- Manage a full cycle sales process to include identifying leads, creating pitch lists, launching email marketing campaigns, following up by phone, setting meetings, closing deals and managing accounts
- Utilize a consultative sales process to demonstrate how Instawork is a faster, more convenient and the most cost effective solution compared to the status quo
- Ensure a top notch first experience with Instawork, and obsess over growing the account in the first months as a new customerConsistently exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue targets assigned by management while contributing to overall team goals
- Provide accurate weekly forecasts and sales plansWork collaboratively with cross functional teams to drive revenue growth with new customers
- Provide actionable product feedback to our supporting teams and head of sales in order to help iterate on our value offering
- Utilize our technology tools and maintain great Salesforce hygiene
Here’s what we’re looking for
- A love for Las Vegas
- A love for hospitality
- A love for technology
- A love for marketplaces
- A love to help people find work
- A love for teamwork
- A love for providing world-class service to business partners, hospitality professionals, and teammates
- A love for closing deals
- A love for sales process and methodology
- Proficient in Google Docs
- Salesforce and Photoshop experience a plus
A Love For Instawork Values
- Bias for Action -- We are a growing team and an evolving product. We want a team of do’ers to drive the company forward.
- Act Like an Owner -- Make your territory your own. Execute on the fundamentals, and act creatively to drive growth
- Always Be Learning -- We are creating a new vision for our industry. Adapt and learn from each other and our customers.
- Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Always be upfront and honest with the team and our business partners.
Compensation and benefits
- Base plus commission structure
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Health FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Open PTO – take the time you need
- 401k (non-matching)