Senior Accountant - Instawork
San Francisco, CA /
Instawork's goal is to be the essential hiring engine for all businesses that support an hourly workforce. We create flexible opportunities for workers to earn additional income, build new skills, and even test out new employers prior to accepting full-time positions. Our vision is to organize the world's labor force and make it as accessible to local businesses as tap water. We're growing rapidly and are expanding across the US.
We've been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Spark Capital (Nabeel Hyatt), Y-Combinator, SV Angel, CrunchFund, and many more.
Instawork is hiring a Senior Accountant, reporting into the Controller, to help shape the company's accounting function and to prepare the company for yearly audits. This role is a mix of very hands on, traditional accounting tasks and forward-looking projects to improve our systems and processes. Based in our San Francisco office, this is an awesome opportunity to join an early stage company with great investors, helping real people, every day.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Assist with the annual audit process; readiness and execution, including preparation of supporting audit schedules and account reconciliation
- Review and research technical accounting issues and drive to resolution, including the creation of accounting policy memos
- Assist with month-end close procedures, including preparation of monthly journal entries, account reconciliations, analysis of results, and financial statements.
- Recommend and assist with the implementation financial processes and systems to help the company run effectively and efficiently as it scales.
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent, CPA strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of accounting experience, mix of public accounting or public company and industry experience highly preferred.
- Experience with NetSuite a big plus.
- Proactive, detail-oriented go-getter with strong critical thinking and organization skills.
- Excellent understanding of GAAP-compliant accounting policies, procedures and financial statements.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and dynamic workload, with a "roll-up-your-sleeves and get going" attitude.
- Interest in joining an early venture organization, where you will help to shape our culture and values.
- Passion for the hospitality community Instawork is serving, including some of the best restaurants in the San Francisco Bay Area!
- Competitive salary and equity
- Remote work is ok
- 100% Medical, Dental, Vision insurance and 80% for dependents
- 401k, life and disability coverage
- Laptop and home office reimbursement
- Open PTO and parental leave plan
- The opportunity for career advancement in a high-growth startup
Comp and Incentives:
Instawork is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.