Community Operations Specialist
Miami, FL /
Community Operations /
At Instawork, we’re driven by our vision to create economic opportunity for local businesses and skilled hourly professionals in communities around the world. With a growing number of hub cities across the world in the U.S., Canada, India, and beyond, we’re looking for top talent to help rapidly scale our high-tech and high-touch labor marketplace. Our accomplished and dedicated team is passionate about our mission and committed to crafting revolutionary products, all with the backing of our world-class investors, including Benchmark, Spark Capital, Craft Ventures, Greylock Capital, Y Combinator, and more!
As a Community Operations Specialist, you will be fundamental to Instawork's success. You will be helping build positive, safe, and trusted experiences for our Instawork Partners and Professionals by engaging our users through both direct support interactions and scaled solutions. You will be working with a global team in providing world-class, timely service to our community of external and internal stakeholders, as well as gathering insight to improve our product and performance in a fast-paced startup. The right candidate is always looking to resolve problems with exceptional communication while building trust in the community and has a good sense of intuition.
What You'll Do
- Resolve support issues with external and internal stakeholders that will help drive our customer experience to the next level
- Help users understand how to use our platform and handle sensitive, complex user-facing issues on the platform
- Manage real-time operations and resolve urgent issues for gigs on the Instawork platform to provide our Partners and Professionals a positive experience before and during their gigs
- Communicate proactively with Professionals and Partners to ensure all of their day of needs are met
- Proactively engage with Professionals to create moments of delight
- Identify opportunities to improve our workflow and product
- Learn and master multiple internal systems
Who You Are
- Flexible availability and scheduling - work schedule may require early mornings, evenings and/or weekends
- Good organizational and time management skills with the flexibility to reprioritize as necessary
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, culture, and business values
- 2-5 years of experience
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude with a strong customer empathy and care for our customers
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus
- Bias for Action -- We are a growing team and an evolving product. We want a team of do’ers to drive the company forward, even if it means making decisions with incomplete information or being wrong.
- Act Like an Owner -- Treat this company as though it is your own. Execute on the fundamentals, and act creatively to drive growth. Your ability to drive impact in any part of our company is only limited by your courage and conviction, not your job title.
- Always Be Learning -- We are changing an entire industry. We strive to learn from each other and get better each day, week, and month, so that our team’s learnings can compound and we can all improve, together.
- Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Empathy for our business partners and professionals means we put ourselves in their shoes. Empathy for our colleagues means we are always upfront and honest with each other, which comes from trust.
Founded in 2016, Instawork is the leading flexible work app for local, hourly professionals. Its digital marketplace connects thousands of businesses and more than three million workers, filling a critical role in local economies. Instawork has been featured on CBS News, the Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, Associated Press, and more. In 2022, Instawork was ranked among the country’s top 10% of fastest-growing companies by Inc. 5000 and was included in the Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup list. Instawork was also named the 2022 ACE Award recipient for “Best Innovation” and one of the “Best Business Apps” by Business Insider. Instawork helps businesses in the food & beverage, hospitality, and warehouse/logistics industries fill temporary and permanent job opportunities in more than 25 markets across the U.S. and Canada.
For more information visit www.instawork.com
We value diversity on our team and firmly believe Instawork is stronger when we hire people who make their own unique contributions to our culture. We welcome all applicants and encourage candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
To learn more about our company values, please visit: https://info.instawork.com/about[#LI-initials1]