Operations Manager (Washington D.C)
Instawork is seeking a "jack or jill of-all-trades" Operations Manager.
As an Operations Manager, you are fundamental to Instawork's success. You see projects through from conception through implementation. You are intellectually curious and excited at the opportunity to drive the company forward by tackling the most critical challenges.
More specifically, you will have the unique opportunity to manage growth and qualities initiatives to most effectively scale both sides of the marketplace and lead launches into new markets. Becoming the staffing platform of choice for hospitality businesses and hospitality professionals can be a complex mission that requires vision, passion, perseverance and creativity.
We are looking for someone who has that mix of operational prowess to get great work done, the hustle to build a business from scratch, the negotiation and collaboration skills needed to bring out the best from partners, and innovation and creative thinking that's required to develop outside the box solutions.
Strategy, marketing, project management, marketplace efficiency, sales and account management, internal product development, and customer experience all sit under the Operation Manager's broad umbrella of responsibilities. Developing a deep understanding of how to enter a market, how to manage a market, and truly being its owner will be critical to your success. This is where creativity meets problem solving and execution head on.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead and own all strategy, marketing, project management efforts, marketplace efficiency, sales and account management activities
- Own and manage all internal product development
- Define and refine workflow and procedures
- Manage the customer experience and supportability function
- Developing a deep understanding of how to enter a market, how to manage a market, and truly being its owner will be critical to your success. This is where creativity meets problem solving and execution head on
- Long-term support strategy definition
HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 2+ years of management consulting or investment banking
- A track record of solving ambiguous problems, building for the future, and seeing around corners
- Experience leading teams - directly or as a peer - on complex product and/or project rollouts
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to translate complex topics into concise messages
- SQL proficiency is preferred
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Health FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Open PTO – take the time you need
- 401k (non-matching)
- Weekly Lunch, snacks, drinks and fun hospitality events
- Bias for Action --We practice high-velocity decision-making, despite encountering ambiguity frequently.
- Act Like an Owner -- We have a strong ownership mentality, because of this, we work smart, hard, and long. Every person on the team has the potential to have a large impact.
- Always Be Learning -- We learn rapidly and eagerly, from different teams within and outside the company. Respectful debate makes our organization stronger
- Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Being empathetic to our users and each other helps build trust in our community and company, and fosters successful decision-making.
Instawork's goal is to be the essential hiring engine for small to medium-sized businesses across the globe. Our first step toward this goal is to become the "the Uber of Staffing” as our technology enables us to service needs of the massive gig economy. We are well positioned in the hospitality space (think catering companies, multi-location restaurants, hotels, event venues, golf courses) and looking to quickly expand our reach across the country and then the globe. 10% of Americans work in the hospitality industry and staffing is the by far the biggest struggle the industry faces for both the business and the worker. This presents a unique opportunity for a major disruption to the outdated job boards or help wanted signs in the window.
We are making a difference for thousands of businesses in multiple markets and currently looking for top-notch talent that want to change the way brick & mortar and large event venues utilize on-demand talent to fill staffing gaps. Essentially we are enabling gig workers to spend their extra time to make extra money to close the gap on their financial needs.
We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Y Combinator, SV Angel, Crunchfund, Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more.