PR & Partnerships Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Instawork's goal is to be the essential staffing engine for all businesses that support the local workforce. We create flexible opportunities for workers to earn additional income, build new skills, and even test out employers prior to accepting full-time positions. Since starting in 2015, we’ve had over 600K people download our app across the U.S.
We've been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Spark Capital (Nabeel Hyatt), Y-Combinator, SV Angel, CrunchFund, and many more. We're growing rapidly, even in 2020, and are expanding across the US.
As the PR & Partnerships Marketing Manager, you will help us drive awareness, in particular among prospective Instawork Professionals. To be successful you'll be a natural people connector, highly entrepreneurial, and results-focused. You'll be excited by startup agility and motivated by our mission to bring economic opportunity to underserved workers. You’ll have good instincts for what’s newsworthy and write compelling narratives. You’ll also get ample opportunity to experiment with various media channels, from influencers to traditional local media.
- Develop tactical plans to meet quarterly and short-term growth targets. That includes owning OKR deliverables and outcomes.
- Lead and execute local PR plans to raise overall awareness of Instawork in our target communities and audience segments. Includes drafting pieces, building media relationships, and measuring impact.
- Identify and develop mission-aligned community partnerships, to deepen our mission and ties to our community.
- Own our social media channels and use them to engage and amplify your efforts.
- Innovate. Continuously identify, test, and optimize new ideas.
- Collaborate effectively with Operations and Sales to match community efforts with where the business needs are.
- 3+ years in consumer marketing, with experience in PR, partnerships, and social media. Influencer marketing is a plus.
- Hands-on experience drafting pitches and managing media or partnership relationships, especially for local media.
- Demonstrated success in building and executing on campaigns.
- Fluent in Spanish is preferred.
- Analytical chops, able to draw insightful conclusions from heavy data sets. Experience using BI tools like Tableau and Chartio. SQL is a plus.
- Intellectually curious, empathetic, and driven to solve hard problems
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment. Comfortable making decisions amidst ambiguity, a strong bias for action.
- Adept at and enjoy partnering cross-functionally.Passionate about our mission to empower underserved hourly professionals and pioneer the future of work.
- Location: anywhere in the U.S., ideally in Chicago, San Francisco Bay Area, New. York City, Los Angeles
Instawork is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.