As a Full-Stack Engineer, you will work in a product team building new features and products across web and mobile. All of the engineers work across the full stack, so we take special care to make the experience as seamless and productive as possible. You will contribute to our process by developing best practices/conventions, tooling, and evaluating new libraries/technologies.
Some interesting & challenging problems we're currently tackling include:
- predicting gig pricing based on local supply & demand
- Using our graph of industry connections to enhance the experience for professionals and partners
- Level up our developer productivity with server-rendered mobile apps (Hyperview) and common design systems across mobile and web
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop high-impact features end to end on web and mobile
- Act as a tech lead for larger projects
- Create and analyze A/B tests for new features
- Collaborate with PMs and designers to find the right approach to build a feature
- Provide feedback to engineers in the form of code reviews and comments on technical documents
HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 3+ years of experience with web development in production, preferably with the tools in our stack: Python/Django for web apps and APIs, Celery for background jobs, MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, React Native for cross-platform mobile apps
- A deep understanding of best practices in UX, and the differences between web and mobile
- Track record of launching and iterating on apps or large software projects
- Experience as a tech lead on features or projects
- Enthusiasm for evaluating new services and technologies, and shaping the culture and values of the team
- Experience working with Graph Databases or Machine Learning is a plus
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Health PEO and Dependent Care PEO
- Flexible PTO
- Bias for Action -- We practice high-velocity decision-making, despite encountering ambiguity frequently.
- Act Like an Owner -- We have a strong ownership mentality. Because of this, every person on the team has the potential to make a huge impact.
- Always Be Learning -- We learn rapidly and eagerly, from different teams within and outside the company. Respectful debate makes our organization stronger.
- Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Being empathetic to our users and each other helps build trust in our community and company, and fosters successful decision-making.
Instawork's goal is to be the essential hiring engine for small to medium-sized businesses across
the globe. Our first step toward this goal is to become the "the Uber of Staffing” as our technology
enables us to service the needs of the massive gig economy.
We are well positioned in the warehouse and hospitality space (think large ecommerce companies,
third party logistic providers, catering companies, multi-location restaurants, event venues, golf
courses, etc) and looking to quickly expand our reach across the country and then the globe. Staffing
is by far the biggest struggle the industry faces for both the business and the worker. The Light
Industrial and Hospitality staffing industry is a combined $100+ billion dollar market opportunity that
is primed for disruption. This presents a unique opportunity for technology and innovation to replace
the outdated job boards or help wanted signs in the window.
We are making a difference for thousands of businesses in multiple markets and currently looking
for top-notch talent that want to change the way brick & mortar and large event venues utilize
on-demand talent to fill staffing gaps. Essentially we are enabling gig workers to spend their extra
time to make extra money to close the gap on their financial needs.
We have offices in San Francisco and Bangalore, along with satellite offices in various parts of the
US. You can find out more about us and our values at
https://www.instawork.com/about or find us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn