As a Platform Engineer, you will work in a small group that supports the entire engineering org by making sure we can scale our development practices and production systems.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop & maintain shared APIs, libraries and frameworks
- Improve the performance and reliability of our services including databases, CI/CD pipeline, web services, and other integrations
- Monitor and scale our cloud infrastructure
- Collaborate with other teams on security, automation, and internal tools
- Evaluate and develop new tools and technologies that can help achieve company-level goals
HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- 6+ years software development experience
- Industry experience programming with Python/Django (preferred), JS, Ruby or other modern languages
- Experience with relational or NoSQL databases such as MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, Neo4j
- Deployed cloud infrastructure and distributed systems on AWS
- Experience with Docker orchestration (ECS, k8s, etc)
- Familiarity with ETL & data pipelines is a nice-to-have
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Bias for Action -- We practice high-velocity decision-making, despite encountering ambiguity frequently.
- Act Like an Owner -- We have a strong ownership mentality, because of this, we work smart, hard, and long. Every person on the team has the potential to have a large impact.
- Always Be Learning -- We learn rapidly and eagerly, from different teams within and outside the company. Respectful debate makes our organization stronger.
- Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Being empathetic to our users and each other helps build trust in our community and company, and fosters successful decision-making.
Instawork is the fastest growing career marketplace for blue-collar workers. We've changed the way traditional recruiting works for small businesses (e.g a sign on the window) by turning the process into an automated matching problem. Our vision is to organize the world's labor force and make it as accessible to local businesses as tap water. We're growing rapidly, even in 2020, and are expanding across the US.
We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Spark Capital, Google Ventures, Y Combinator, among many more.
Learn more about Instawork and our values here.
Check out our Engineering blog here.