Community Operations Specialist
Chicago, IL /
As a Community Operations Specialist, you will be fundamental to Instawork's success. You will be helping build positive, safe, and trusted experiences for our Instawork Partners and Professionals by engaging our users through both direct support interactions and scaled solutions. You will be working with a global team in providing world-class, timely service to our community of external and internal stakeholders, as well as gathering insight to improve our product and performance in a fast-paced startup. The right candidate is always looking to resolve problems with exceptional communication while building trust in the community and has a good sense of intuition. This is an hourly contract role with potential for full-time employment.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Resolve support issues with external and internal stakeholders that will help drive our customer experience to the next level
- Help users understand how to use our platform and handle sensitive, complex user-facing issues on the platform
- Manage real-time operations and resolve urgent issues for gigs on the Instawork platform to provide our Partners and Professionals a positive experience before and during their gigs
- Communicate proactively with Professionals and Partners to ensure all of their day of needs are met
- Proactively engage with Professionals to create moments of delight
- Identify opportunities to improve our workflow and product
- Learn and master multiple internal systems
HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Flexible availability and scheduling - work schedule may require early mornings, evenings and/or weekends
- Good organizational and time management skills with the flexibility to reprioritize as necessary
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, culture, and business values
- 2-5 years of experienceAbility to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude with a strong customer empathy and care for our customers
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus
- Bias for Action -- We practice high-velocity decision-making, despite encountering ambiguity frequently.
- Act Like an Owner -- We have a strong ownership mentality, because of this, we work smart, hard, and long. Every person on the team has the potential to have a large impact.
- Always Be Learning -- We learn rapidly and eagerly, from different teams within and outside the company. Respectful debate makes our organization stronger.
- Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Being empathetic to our users and each other helps build trust in our community and company, and fosters successful decision-making.
Instawork's goal is to be the essential hiring engine for all businesses that support an hourly workforce. We create flexible opportunities for workers to earn additional income, build new skills, and even test out new employers prior to accepting full-time positions. Our on-demand staffing app allows warehouse, distribution, and other supply chain employers as well as hospitality to connect with local skilled pros looking to take on additional shifts. Our technology allows for better matching between workers and employers and a world-class dispatching solution to ensure hiring targets far exceed the status quo.
We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley, Uber investor), Spark Capital (Nabeel Hyatt, Postmates investor), Y Combinator, SV Angel, Crunchfund, Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more.