General Manager - New Market Launch
The GM of launch is the ultimate entrepreneur, repeatedly building our business in new markets. Instawork is looking for someone to build, execute, and iterate the playbook for standing up our business in a new city. This unique role is the catalyst for change, initiating a paradigm shift in the way businesses think about hiring.
We are looking for someone who has that mix of operational prowess to get great work done, the negotiation and collaboration skills needed to bring out the best from partners, the innovation and creative thinking that's required to develop outside the box solutions, and the emotional intelligence required to lead a fast paced business and inspire a team of people.
Sales strategy, account management, guerrilla marketing, marketplace efficiency, team development and coaching, and customer experience all sit under the launch GM's broad umbrella of responsibilities. Developing a deep understanding of your market and truly being its owner will be critical to your success. This is where creativity meets leadership and execution head on.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Manage growth and qualities initiatives to most effectively scale both sides of the marketplace
- Obsess over all our customers and seek new ways to unlock value
- Collaborate with the Product team and Engineering to communicate product and process needs to deliver Instawork in your market
- Work with other BizOps GMs and your teams to help scale our cities through developing and sharing best practices
- Run experiments: we're looking for people who are curious and passionate about solving problems!
HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 6+ years experience with Strategy, Operations, Technology, Business Development
- Experience at a top tier consulting or finance firm
- Willingness to travel for 8 to 16 weeks at a time in new cities
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Health FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Open PTO – take the time you need
- 401k (non-matching)
- Weekly Lunch, snacks, drinks and fun hospitality events
- Bias for Action --We practice high-velocity decision-making, despite encountering ambiguity frequently.
- Act Like an Owner -- We have a strong ownership mentality, because of this, we work smart, hard, and long. Every person on the team has the potential to have a large impact.
- Always Be Learning -- We learn rapidly and eagerly, from different teams within and outside the company. Respectful debate makes our organization stronger
- Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Being empathetic to our users and each other helps build trust in our community and company, and fosters successful decision-making.
Instawork's goal is to be the essential hiring engine for small to medium-sized businesses across the globe. Our first step toward this goal is to become the "the Uber of Staffing” as our technology enables us to service needs of the massive gig economy. We are well positioned in the hospitality space (think catering companies, multi-location restaurants, hotels, event venues, golf courses) and looking to quickly expand our reach across the country and then the globe. 10% of Americans work in the hospitality industry and staffing is the by far the biggest struggle the industry faces for both the business and the worker. This presents a unique opportunity for a major disruption to the outdated job boards or help wanted signs in the window.
We are making a difference for thousands of businesses in multiple markets and currently looking for top-notch talent that want to change the way brick & mortar and large event venues utilize on-demand talent to fill staffing gaps. Essentially we are enabling gig workers to spend their extra time to make extra money to close the gap on their financial needs.
We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Y Combinator, SV Angel, Crunchfund, Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more.