Business Development Representative
Instawork's goal is to be the essential hiring engine for all businesses that support an hourly workforce. We create flexible opportunities for workers to earn additional income, build new skills, and even test out new employers prior to accepting full-time positions. Our on-demand staffing app allows warehouse, distribution, and other supply chain employers to connect with local skilled pros looking to take on additional shifts. The Light Industrial staffing industry is an antiquated $70 billion dollar market opportunity that is primed for disruption. Our technology allows for better matching between workers and employers and a world-class dispatching solution to ensure hiring targets far exceed the status quo.
Instawork delights thousands of businesses across the country and we are looking for supply chain sales pros to join the team. We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Y Combinator, SV Angel, CrunchFund, Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more. Leveraging our accelerated growth, we will continue to expand throughout the US and globally in order to revolutionize the labor market.
- Develop target lists of warehouse, light manufacturing, and distribution facilities who utilize and build strategic relationships with clients through cold calls and site visits
- Manage CRM and identify ways to generate new business
- Be an advocate for our culture and create brand awareness
- Leverage a variety of tools and resources to manage the business development process-
Maintain CRM Hygiene for accurate reporting and lead management
- Add value by utilizing market intel to cohesively and continuously improve our approach and stay competitive in the marketplace
- Spending time in the field to help build relationships and partnerships
- Obtain client feedback to share with all relevant parties in sales, product, and operations
Ideally, you will possess the following:
- Hustle and excitement about contributing to the growth of Instawork and the future of staffing
- A desire to represent our brand and build relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think strategically
- Ability to get creative about building relationships and maximizing opportunities in the field
- Persistence, drive, and coachability
- Ability to be consultative and communicate our value proposition effectively
- Familiarity with salesforce is a plus
- Field and channel sales experience is a plus
- Business development experience is a plus
- Preferred locations: LA, Inland Empire, Chicago, NY/NJ, Austin
Instawork is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.