Senior Manager, Product Marketing
San Francisco, CA
Instawork is the leading on-demand staffing marketplace for gig workers and hospitality businesses. Growth is exploding, and we are expanding rapidly into new markets with strong unit economics. Customers and data are at the heart of our decisions. We will succeed with extraordinary people and relentless execution.
As the Product/Life Cycle Marketing Manager, you will constantly improve how we connect quality professionals with local businesses. You will translate customer needs into product and marketing solutions. You will help design and drive adoption of new product features that drive worker quality and customer retention. You'll be responsible for the end-to-end strategy and execution of automated customer communications across email, SMS/push, and app notifications.
To be successful you'll be highly analytical, empathetic and driven, with a strong bias for action. You'll be excited by startup agility and able to achieve results through ambiguity. Because of your deep technical expertise, you'll quickly get up to speed and lead our CRM/marketing tech stack. You'll report into the Head of Marketing and be adept at partnering across the business - with Product, Growth, GM/Operations and Engineering teams - to meet shared goals.
- Deeply understand our customers, our product, and our business strategies.
- Assess customer needs through surveys, interviews, analysis of product usage and business operations. Translate insights into solutions.
- Own and optimize the customer life cycle and life cycle communication.
- Help define the product strategy.
- Develop product positioning, creative messaging and marketing campaigns at all stages of the funnel.
- Leverage tools and technology to automate and target customer communications.
- Collaborate effectively with Product, Growth, Operations, Engineering.
Experience and Skills
- 5+ years in a combination of Product/Growth/Lifecycle Marketing roles
- Hands on experience managing a funnel and life cycle communications.
- Prefer experience in 2-sided marketplaces with both supply and demand.
- Intellectually curious, empathetic, and driven to solve hard problems
- Highly structured, data-driven problem solver.
- Knowledgable about the marketing tech stack and notification platforms including Iterable, Twilio, Marketo, Google Analytics, etc.
- Savvy communicator who can distill complex concepts into clear and compelling messaging.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Comfortable making decisions amidst ambiguity, strong bias for action.
- Adept at and enjoy partnering cross-functionally.
- Experience with A/B testing and post-campaign analysis.
- Analytical chops, with experience using BI tools like Tableau and Chartio. SQL preferred.
- A bachelor's degree in marketing/business/psychology or equivalent experience.
- Passionate about our mission to empower underserved hourly professionals and hospitality businesses and pioneer the future of work.
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Health FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Open PTO – take the time you need
- 401k (non-matching)
- Weekly Lunch, snacks, drinks and fun hospitality events
- Bias for Action -- We practice high-velocity decision-making, despite encountering ambiguity frequently.
- Act Like an Owner -- We have a strong ownership mentality, because of this, we work smart, hard, and long. Every person on the team has the potential to have a large impact.
- Always Be Learning -- We learn rapidly and eagerly, from different teams within and outside the company. Respectful debate makes our organization stronger
- Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Being empathetic to our users and each other helps build trust in our community and company, and fosters successful decision-making.
Instawork is leading on-demand hospitality staffing marketplace. We create economic opportunity for the 10% of underserved Americans and small and medium-sized businesses in the hospitality industry. We are disrupting on professional quality and convenience and our professionals earn on average ~50% more than minimum wage.
We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Y Combinator, SV Angel, Crunchfund, Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more.