Sr. Product Manager
Instawork is looking for a thoughtful, talented, and data driven product manager to join our growing team, shape our product, and ship products that our customers love.
Instawork creates economic opportunity for small businesses and hourly workers by connecting them for a variety of employment opportunities. In addition to being a two-sided marketplace, the online-to-offline nature of our product presents a unique set of product challenges. We aren't just trying to get people to click more buttons - we're connecting people in physical space and managing around all the unpredictability and unique social dynamics of hospitality and hourly labor. Your work will help hospitality professionals to gain additional skills, earn extra income, and help our partners to run their businesses more efficiently.
We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), GV (formerly Google Ventures), Spark Capital, Y Combinator, SV Angel, Crunchfund, Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more.
This cross functional role will be part of Instawork’s product team in India and will work closely with the entire organization - set product strategy with the executive team, talk to customers to understand their problems, build out features with design and engineering, and work directly with operations and sales teams to scale the business.
What you'll do:
- Synthesize feedback, data, and company goals to develop a product roadmap to disrupt the on demand staffing industry
- Define, measure, and share the important critical metrics to measure the success of our on demand staffing product
- Partner with design, engineering, and operations to scope and build features that solve user problems
- Work directly with customers to understand the efficacy of our current product and share the context with the company
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has 6+ years of overall experience with at least 4 years as a product manager in internet/e-commerce industry
- Has strong analytical chops, is metric driven and can use SQL or reporting tools to derive actionable insights from user behavior
- Is familiar with design and engineering best practices and standards on web and mobile
- Talk directly with customers on a regular basis and passionate about helping both sides of our marketplace
- Is excited to work in a fast paced environment, is comfortable with making decisions in ambiguity, and has a strong bias for action
- Bonus: MBA from Tier 1 institute - IIMA,C,B,L and ISB
- Bonus: Entrepreneurship or small startup experience
Instawork's goal is to be the essential hiring engine for small to medium-sized businesses across the globe. Our first step toward this goal is to become the "the Uber of Staffing” as our technology enables us to service needs of the massive gig economy.
We are well positioned in the hospitality space (think catering companies, multi-location restaurants, hotels, event venues, golf courses) and looking to quickly expand our reach across the country and then the globe. 10% of the overall workforce is in the hospitality industry and staffing is by far the biggest struggle the industry faces for both the business and the worker. This presents a unique opportunity for a major disruption to the outdated job boards or help wanted signs in the window.
We are making a difference for thousands of businesses in multiple markets and currently looking for top-notch talent that want to change the way brick & mortar and large event venues utilize on-demand talent to fill staffing gaps. Essentially we are enabling gig workers to spend their extra time to make extra money to close the gap on their financial needs.