General Manager - India
As a General Manager for Gigs in India, you will have the unique opportunity to develop and scale the on-demand staffing network in India and change the way businesses think about hiring. Instawork is at the forefront of the gig economy in the US and we see India as the next big market with tremendous potential.
Becoming the staffing platform of choice for local businesses and professionals can be a complex mission that requires vision, passion, perseverance and creativity. We are looking for someone who has that mix of operational prowess to get great work done, the negotiation and collaboration skills needed to bring out the best from partners, the innovation and creative thinking that's required to develop outside the box solutions, and the emotional intelligence required to lead a fast paced business and inspire a team of people.
Strategy, marketing, marketplace efficiency, sales and account management, internal product development, team development and coaching, and customer experience all sit under the GM's broad umbrella of responsibilities. Developing a deep understanding of your market and truly being its owner will be critical to your success. This is where creativity meets leadership and execution head on.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Analyze the Indian market and prepare a launch strategy for Instawork in India
- Run experiments: we're looking for people who are passionate about solving zero to one problems
- Network, network and network with partners in the relevant industries to understand the ecosystem inside out
- Build the initial demand (business) and supply (professionals) in the launch city
- Manage growth and quality initiatives to scale both sides of the marketplace
- Build, develop, and lead a team of smart and passionate people towards building and growing Instawork’s Gig business in India
HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years experience driving business growth for e-commerce/SaaS company
- Zero to one experience of launching new business, category or market
- Functional expertise in Operations and Business Development
- Excellent networking, negotiation and coordination skills
- Entrepreneurial and scrappy: buck stops at you to launch and grow the market
- Bonus: experience in staffing domain for light industrial or hospitality industry
- Bonus: MBA from a Tier 1 institute
- Bias for Action – We practice high-velocity decision-making, despite encountering ambiguity frequently.
- Act Like an Owner – We have a strong ownership mentality, because of this, we work smart, hard, and long. Every person on the team has the potential to have a large impact.
- Always Be Learning – We learn rapidly and eagerly, from different teams within and outside the company. Respectful debate makes our organization stronger.
- Empathy, Trust, Candor – Being empathetic to our users and each other helps build trust in our community and company, and fosters successful decision-making.
- Medical/Personal insurance
- Flexible work from home and leave policy
- Personal learning allowance
- Broadband Reimbursement
- Fun events with free lunch, snacks and drinks
Instawork's goal is to be the essential hiring engine for small to medium-sized businesses across the globe. Our first step toward this goal is to become the "the Uber of Staffing” as our technology enables us to service the needs of the massive gig economy. We are well positioned in the light industrial and hospitality space (think large e-commerce companies, third party logistic providers, catering companies, multi-location restaurants, event venues, golf courses, etc) and looking to quickly expand our reach across the globe.
Staffing is by far the biggest struggle the industry faces for both the business and the worker. The Light Industrial and Hospitality staffing industry is a combined $100+ billion dollar market opportunity that is primed for disruption. This presents a unique opportunity for technology and innovation to replace the outdated job boards or help wanted signs in the window. We are making a difference for thousands of businesses in multiple markets and currently looking for top-notch talent that want to change the way brick & mortar and large event venues utilize on-demand talent to fill staffing gaps. Essentially we are enabling gig workers to spend their extra time to make extra money to close the gap on their financial needs.
We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), GV (formerly Google Ventures), Spark Capital, Y Combinator, SV Angel Crunchfund, Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more.