Head of People
San Francisco, CA
The Head of People will work closely with the rest of the senior leadership to set direction for and guide our internal People Ops and Talent groups. This individual will focus on scaling and strengthening our employee on-boarding/off-boarding, talent review process, global team culture, team level setting, developing and expanding our employer brand, and scaling our recruiting team/agencies to deliver on global hiring needs across all functions and levels in the organization.
Here's what we're looking for
- 10+ years of increasing responsibility within HR/People function at a high-performance company (ideally over 100+ total employees)
- Startup experience desirable.
- 5+ years of team management
- Experience building a data driven people ops process
- Experience developing a talent acquisition strategy across multiple channels
- Experience developing and leveraging our employer brand
Here's what you'll do
- Oversee global People Operations / Human Resources function, including recruiting, onboarding, compensation, benefits, retention, culture, and exit interviews.
- Help build positive company culture that contributes meaningfully to overall company success.
- Create policies and procedures that promote transparency within Instawork, align staff to achieve company success, with smooth operations to minimize friction and bureaucracy.
- Participate in company senior leadership meetings, advising on strategic decisions that impact employees.
- Design and deliver an effective recruiting strategy to source, select, attract and close top talent to support strategy and growth
- Develop a best-in-class new employee on-boarding process so employees are productive from Day 1.
- Champion recruiting diversity initiatives
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Health FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Open PTO – take the time you need
- Weekly Lunch, snacks, drinks and fun hospitality events
- Bias for Action -- We practice high-velocity decision-making, despite encountering ambiguity frequently.
- Act Like an Owner -- We have a strong ownership mentality, because of this, we work smart, hard, and long. Every person on the team has the potential to have a large impact.
- Always Be Learning -- We learn rapidly and eagerly, from different teams within and outside the company. Respectful debate makes our organization stronger.
- Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Being empathetic to our users and each other helps build trust in our community and company, and fosters successful decision-making.
Instawork's goal is to be the essential hiring engine for small to medium-sized businesses across the globe. Our first step toward this goal is to become the "the Uber of Staffing” as our technology enables us to service needs of the massive gig economy. We are well positioned in the hospitality space (think catering companies, multi-location restaurants, hotels, event venues, golf courses) and looking to quickly expand our reach across the country and then the globe. 10% of Americans work in the hospitality industry and staffing is the by far the biggest struggle the industry faces for both the business and the worker. This presents a unique opportunity for a major disruption to the outdated job boards or help wanted signs in the window.
We are making a difference for thousands of businesses in multiple markets and currently looking for top-notch talent that want to change the way brick & mortar and large event venues utilize on-demand talent to fill staffing gaps. Essentially we are enabling gig workers to spend their extra time to make extra money to close the gap on their financial needs.
We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Y Combinator, SV Angel, Crunchfund, Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more.