Sales Development Representative
San Francisco, CA
Instawork's goal is to be the essential hiring engine for all businesses that support an hourly workforce across the globe. Our first step toward this goal is to become the "the Uber of Staffing” for the hospitality industry by utilizing technology to connect gig workers to open shifts. We are positioned well in the hospitality space (think catering companies, multi-location restaurants, hotels, event venues, stadiums, universities) and looking to quickly expand our reach across the country. 10% of Americans work in hospitality and staffing tends to be the biggest struggle this industry faces for our partners and our professionals. This presents the potential for a major disruption to the outdated job boards or help wanted signs in the window. Leveraging our accelerated growth, we will continue to expand throughout the US and globally in order to revolutionize the labor market.
We are looking for someone creative and driven to join our Sales Development team. You will grow the pipeline for Instawork sales by engaging with prospects and partners to move them forward in the sales process. This is a meaningful position at the top of our sales funnel, so you’ll have a great opportunity to develop and advance your career in sales.
You'll be successful as a Sales Development Representative because you thrive in a dynamic team environment and are excited to develop your sales career in a fast-growing marketplace start-up. You will be joining a team that supports the development and provides you with the tools, resources, and leadership to be successful. This is a great opportunity to launch your sales career as we see a 6-9 month promotion path to become a commercial AE.
What You’ll Do
- Actively engage new and existing leads by phone, email, and chat to attract new partners to Instawork.
- Pre-qualify opportunities by business size, staffing needs and volume.
- Work closely with Account Executives to develop strategies to target prospects and secure meetings
- Achieve monthly quotas of sales qualified opportunities
- Effectively use Salesforce.com and other sales tools to run accounts through the top of the funnel sales cycle.
- Explain the value of Instawork platform to potential new partners
Your Qualifications: Must Have
- Self-driven, organized, motivated and strategic thinker.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 1+ year of sales development or business development experience
- Experience using Salesforce.com or other Client Relationship Management (CRM)
Your Qualifications: Nice To Have
- Managing a full sales cycle
- Highly motivated and willing to take intelligent risks
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Instawork helps provide economic opportunity for local professionals and businesses globally. Instawork is a technology platform that helps facilitate businesses to fill shifts with qualified professionals. We’re based in San Francisco and Bangalore with markets in Los Angeles, San Diego, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Seattle, Chicago, New York, Boston, Washington DC, Miami, Dallas and Austin.
Our investors include Benchmark, Spark Capital, GV, Y Combinator, SV Angel, Tuesday Capital and Hall-of-Fame Quarterback Joe Montana.