Operations Manager (Austin)
Instawork is seeking a "Jack or Jill of-all-trades" Operations Manager in Austin, TX!
Instawork is building the hospitality industry’s hiring engine. Our aspirations are global. We can only do this through hiring excellent people and flawless execution.
We connect professionals to full-time, part-time, and temporary work opportunities. Instawork is west coast based and active in other geographies across the U.S. Now, we’re launching in Texas. If you have a curious, passionate, and entrepreneurial spirit, come grow Austin with us!
We are making a difference for thousands of businesses and looking for top-notch talent who will change the way hospitality businesses utilize on-demand talent to fill staffing gaps. We enable gig workers to manage their own schedules and make extra money to close the gap on their financial needs.
We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley, Uber investor), Y Combinator, SV Angel, Crunchfund, Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more.
ABOUT THE OPERATIONS MANAGER ROLE
As the Austin Operations Manager, you are fundamental to Instawork's success. You see projects through from conception through implementation. You are intellectually curious and excited by the opportunity to drive the company forward. You will have the unique opportunity to manage growth and quality to scale Instawork’s marketplace. We’re building and refining our operations strategy, and you’re a huge piece of it.
We are looking for someone who has that mix of operational prowess to get great work done, the hustle to build a business from scratch, the negotiation and collaboration skills needed to bring out the best from partners, and innovation and creative thinking that's required to develop outside-the-box solutions.
Strategy, marketing, project management, marketplace efficiency, sales and account management, internal product development, and customer experience all sit under the operations manager's broad umbrella of responsibilities. Developing a deep understanding of how to enter a market, how to manage a market, and truly being its owner will be critical to your success. This is where creativity meets problem solving and execution head on.
You’ll report to the Austin General Manager. The two of you will work side-by-side to make Instawork Austin a success. It’ll be a challenging, yet rewarding journey.
WHAT OUR ROCKSTAR OM WILL DO:
- Lead and own all strategy, marketing, project management efforts, marketplace efficiency, sales and account management activities
- Own and manage all internal product development
- Define and refine workflow and procedures
- Manage the customer experience and supportability function
- Develop a deep understanding of how to enter a market, how to manage a market, and truly being its owner will be critical to your success. This is where creativity meets problem solving and execution head on
- Hustle to do whatever it takes to make this rollout a success!
- An ability to wear many hats - you’re a Jack or Jill of-all-trades (e.g., management consulting experience, general management at a startup or hospitality business)
- A track record of solving ambiguous problems, building for the future, and seeing around corners
- Experience leading teams - directly or as a peer - on complex product and/or project rollouts
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to translate complex topics into concise messages
- Spanish speaking abilities
- Hospitality experience
- SQL proficiency
It’s a super bonus if you have:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Health FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Open PTO – take the time you need
- 401k (non-matching)
- Weekly Lunch, snacks, drinks and fun hospitality events
- Bias for Action --We practice high-velocity decision-making, despite encountering ambiguity frequently.
- Act Like an Owner -- We have a strong ownership mentality, because of this, we work smart, hard, and long. Every person on the team has the potential to have a large impact.
- Always Be Learning -- We learn rapidly and eagerly, from different teams within and outside the company. Respectful debate makes our organization stronger
- Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Being empathetic to our users and each other helps build trust in our community and company, and fosters successful decision-making.