San Francisco, CA
Instawork is the leading staffing app for hospitality businesses and professionals. Our growth is exploding, and we are expanding rapidly into new markets with strong unit economics. Customers and data are at the heart of our decisions. We'll only succeed with extraordinary people and relentless execution.
Instawork is looking for a thoughtful and creative Communications Manager to join our team to tell the story of Instawork far and wide, and is also someone who has a love for storytelling and building a brand and company narrative.
You'll be responsible for all external communications and creating messaging that tells the company’s story on a corporate, local and national level.
Create, manage and deliver a comprehensive and strategic communications plan across multiple mediums, including earned media, social media, content, and events.
Source and develop Instawork Professional and Partner stories that clearly show the impact Instawork is having on people’s lives around the world.
Manage and execute a robust and creative local launch media strategy that generates awareness for Instawork in the markets where we operate.
Develop thoughtful national consumer, trader and corporate narratives that resonate with each audience.
Cultivate relationships with journalists, editors, and other influencers to manage ongoing media relations and marketing initiatives.
Develop messaging and strategy to elevate our executive team as thought leaders.
Drive press that supports recruiting efforts at HQ as well as new Partners and Professionals.
Health FSA and Dependent Care FSA
Open PTO – take the time you need
Weekly Lunch, snacks, drinks and fun hospitality events
Bias for Action -- We practice high-velocity decision-making, despite encountering ambiguity frequently.
Act Like an Owner -- We have a strong ownership mentality, because of this, we work smart, hard, and long. Every person on the team has the potential to have a large impact.
Always Be Learning -- We learn rapidly and eagerly, from different teams within and outside the company. Respectful debate makes our organization stronger
Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Being empathetic to our users and each other helps build trust in our community and company, and fosters successful decision-making.
Instawork is the leading staffing app for hospitality businesses and professionals. We create economic opportunity for the 10% of underserved Americans and small and medium-sized businesses in the hospitality industry. We are disrupting on professional quality and convenience. Our professionals earn on average ~50% more than minimum wage.
We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Y Combinator, SV Angel, Crunchfund, Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more.
- At least 5+ years experience in public relations, communications or related field
- Marketplace technology experience (preferred, but not required)
- A BA/BSA degree in journalism, communications or equivalent preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Deep knowledge of digital communications, especially social media
- Track record of strong relationships with top-tier reporters and media outlets
- Successful experience developing and managing comprehensive strategic communications to advance the mission, brand, and goals of a company
- Superb storytelling skills that create compelling angles for a variety of audiences
- A strong sense of urgency that is required to secure press stories and be a helpful resource to media
- The knowledge of how to measure the effectiveness of public relations across all mediums
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills to work successfully in local and remote team environment