Associate QA Automation Engineer
At Instawork, we strive to be the essential hiring engine for the hospitality industry. Our aspirations are global. We can only do this through hiring excellent people and flawless execution.
We help connect professionals to full-time, part-time, and temporary work opportunities. If you have a curious, passionate, and entrepreneurial spirit, come work with us.
We've been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Spark Capital, Google Ventures (GV), Y Combinator, SV Angel, Crunchfund, Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more.
About the Job
- Manual testing and coverage for new features that have not yet been automated; Perform Black Box and White Box testing
- Create and maintain test plans as our product grows in functionality
- Research, Design, and Implement automation framework for tests.
- Mobile experience (IOS & Android) is a must-have, Web is a nice-to-have.
- Automate functional, regression, and smoke tests using internal and open source tools
- Create tooling around the entire testing workflow, all the way from test case management, test data creation, automatic bug captures, test progress measurement etc.
- Define test specifications for functional, integration and performance testing.
- Manage and configure build servers used for running automation
- Work in collaboration with development team in continuous build & deployment process
- Report test coverage and participate in troubleshooting
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- 2+ years experience with UI Automation testing tools for Mobile (iOS/Android) using Appium and Selenium. Bonus if you have experience with React Native.
- Thorough knowledge of mobile automation testing tools and mobile release process
- Knowledge in Relational Database such as MySQL is preferred.
- Self-motivated, especially with respect to learning new software tools and best practices in software quality assurance.
- Startup mentality: self-starter, proactive, flexible.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- You straddle a fine line between QA, software and DevOps engineering
- Bias for Action -- We practice high-velocity decision-making, despite encountering ambiguity frequently.
- Act Like an Owner -- We have a strong ownership mentality, because of this, we work smart, hard, and long. Every person on the team has the potential to have a large impact.
- Always Be Learning -- We learn rapidly and eagerly, from different teams within and outside the company. Respectful debate makes our organization stronger.
- Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Being empathetic to our users and each other helps build trust in our community and company, and fosters successful decision-making.