QA Automation Engineer
At Instawork, we strive to be the essential hiring engine for the hospitality industry. Our aspirations are global. We can only do this through hiring excellent people and flawless execution.
We help connect professionals to full-time, part-time, and temporary work opportunities. If you have a curious, passionate, and entrepreneurial spirit, come work with us.
We've been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Y Combinator, SV Angel, Crunchfund, Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more.
About the Job
- Research, Design, and Implement automation framework for tests.
- Mobile experience (IOS & Android) is a must-have, Web is a nice-to-have.
- Automate functional, regression, and smoke tests using internal and open source tools
- Create tooling around the entire testing workflow, all the way from test case management, test data creation, automatic bug captures, test progress measurement etc.
- Define test specifications for functional, integration and performance testing.
- Manage and configure build servers used for running automation
- Work in collaboration with development team in continuous build & deployment process
- Report test coverage and participate in troubleshooting
- Manual testing and coverage for new features that have not yet been automated; Perform Black Box and White Box testing
- Create and maintain test plans as our product grows in functionality
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- 4+ years experience with UI Automation testing tools for Mobile (iOS/Android) using Appium and Selenium. Bonus if you have experience with React Native.
- Thorough knowledge of mobile automation testing tools and mobile release process
- Knowledge in Relational Database such as MySQL is preferred.
- Self-motivated, especially with respect to learning new software tools and best practices in software quality assurance.
- Startup mentality: self-starter, proactive, flexible.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- You straddle a fine line between QA, software and DevOps engineering