Operations Manager (new markets)
San Francisco, CA
Instawork is seeking several "Jack or Jill of-all-trades" Operations Managers in our new launch markets.
Instawork is building the hospitality industry’s essential hiring engine.
We connect professionals to full-time, part-time, and temporary work opportunities. We enable gig workers to manage their own schedules and make extra money. We enable thousands of hospitality businesses with experienced, reliable, high quality professional on-demand talent to fill staffing gaps.
Instawork is west coast based, active in 15+ cities across the U.S. and expanding rapidly into new markets. Our aspirations are global. We can only achieve our aspirations by hiring extraordinary people who execute relentlessly.
We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley, Uber investor), Y Combinator, SV Angel, Crunchfund, Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more.
This is a rare opportunity to lead a market and pioneer a huge, disruptive new business with positive economic impact. Come build the future with us!
ABOUT THE OPERATIONS MANAGER ROLE
As the Operations Manager, you are fundamental to Instawork's success. You will own your market. Your super powers are agile problem-solving, execution, people skills and business development. You'll manage professional supply growth and quality to scale Instawork’s marketplace. You'll nurture and grow partner accounts. You'll drive projects from conception through implementation. You are customer-obsessed, intellectually curious and excited by the opportunity to drive the company forward. We’re constantly innovating and refining our operations strategy, and you’re a huge piece of it.
We are looking for someone with the mix of operational prowess to get great work done, the hustle to build a business from scratch, the empathy and negotiation skills needed to bring out the best from partners and professionals, and innovation that's required to develop outside-the-box solutions.
Strategy, sales and account management, local operations, marketing, project management, marketplace analytics, and customer experience all sit under the operations manager's broad umbrella of responsibilities. To be successful you will develop a deep understanding of how to enter and ramp a market. This is where creativity meets problem solving and execution.
You’ll report to the Regional General Manager. The two of you will work side-by-side to make Instawork a success in your local city. You'll interact with Operations peers across on a daily business to learn and share insights. It’ll be a challenging and rewarding journey.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Hustle. You do whatever is required to grow your market and enable your customers.
- Own your market. You get the local landscape and our competitive value proposition. You lead all local strategy, marketing, project management, market analytics, professional acquisition and partner account management activities.
- Frequently meet customers. Hospitality is social! You listen and engage with empathy. You attend gigs every week. You know your partners personally and professionally. You build an active community of talented local professionals.
- Network. You participate actively in local networks and industry associations.
- Collaborate. You influence outcomes across the organization in partnership with various central teams including, marketing and product.
- Natural people skills - hospitality is a people business!! You easily build rapport with our customers and professionals.
- An ability to wear many hats - you’re a Jill or Jack of-all-trades (e.g., management consulting experience, general management at a hospitality business or startup)
- Intellectual curiosity. You're a structured, analytical problem-solver.
- A bias for action. You drive for impact, and you make it happen!
- A track record of solving ambiguous problems and seeing around corners
- Experience leading project teams
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Spanish fluency
- Hospitality experience
- SQL proficiency
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Health FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Open PTO – take the time you need
- 401k (non-matching)
- Weekly Lunch, snacks, drinks and fun hospitality events
- Bias for Action --We practice high-velocity decision-making, despite encountering ambiguity frequently.
- Act Like an Owner -- We have a strong ownership mentality, because of this, we work smart, hard, and long. Every person on the team has the potential to have a large impact.
- Always Be Learning -- We learn rapidly and eagerly, from different teams within and outside the company. Respectful debate makes our organization stronger
- Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Being empathetic to our users and each other helps build trust in our community and company, and fosters successful decision-making.
Instawork is leading on-demand hospitality staffing marketplace. We create economic opportunity for the 10% of underserved Americans and small and medium-sized businesses in the hospitality industry. We are disrupting on professional quality and convenience and our professionals earn on average ~50% more than minimum wage.