Senior Sales Development Representative
Instawork's goal is to be the essential hiring engine for all businesses that support an hourly workforce. We create flexible opportunities for workers to earn additional income, build new skills, and even test out new employers prior to accepting full-time positions. Our on-demand staffing app allows warehouse, distribution, and other supply chain employers to connect with local skilled pros looking to take on additional shifts. The Light Industrial staffing industry is an antiquated $70 billion dollar market opportunity that is primed for disruption. Our technology allows for better matching between workers and employers and a world-class dispatching solution to ensure hiring targets far exceed the status quo.
Instawork delights thousands of businesses across the country and we are looking for supply chain sales pros to join the team. We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Y Combinator, SV Angel, CrunchFund, Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more. Leveraging our accelerated growth, we will continue to expand throughout the US and globally in order to revolutionize the labor market.
The primary responsibility of the Sales Development Representative is to target Mid-Enterprise new businesses that use part-time staffing in large quantities. You'll have a defined prospect list but you’ll also build relationships with regional and larger national players in the light industrial space. Distribution facilities, Ecommerce, warehouses, and consumer packaged goods are just some of the industries that we service.
The ideal candidate has a passion for activity, finding prospects that fit our target, engaging prospects, exciting them about Instawork and facilitating an evaluation with our Account Executive team. The goal of this position is to master the first half of the sales cycle and develop into our Account Executive role.
What You’ll Do
- Drive top-of-the-funnel lead generation for account executives and sales managers
- Update and manage all sales activities, opportunities, and account information in CRM
- Consistently achieve monthly quota of qualified opportunities
- Actively attract new partners by engaging new and existing leads
- Pre-qualify opportunities by business size, staffing needs and volume
- Work closely with Account Executives to develop prospecting strategies
- Effectively use Salesforce.com and other sales tools to manage accounts through the top of the funnel sales cycle
- Provide our clients with effective value proposition
- Provide white glove service, articulate value proposition and build rapport through effective communication
- Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field
- At least 1 - 2 years' of sales development or business development experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
- Ability to understand a target audience and identify the right prospects
- Experience with outbound phone calls
- Experience using Salesforce.com or other Client Relationship Management (CRM)
- Highly motivated and willing to take intelligent risks
- Experience managing a full sales cycle
- Experience prospecting into the warehousing and supply chain industries
- Experience with Linkedin Sales Navigator
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.