Sales Development Representative
Instawork's goal is to be the essential hiring engine for all businesses that support an hourly workforce.
We create flexible opportunities for workers to earn additional income, build new skills, and even test out
new employers prior to accepting full-time positions. Our on-demand staffing app allows warehouse,
distribution, and other supply chain employers to connect with local skilled pros looking to take on
additional shifts. The Light Industrial staffing industry is an antiquated $70 billion dollar market
opportunity that is primed for disruption. Our technology allows for better matching between workers and
employers and a world-class dispatching solution to ensure hiring targets far exceed the status quo.
Instawork delights thousands of businesses across the country and we are looking for supply chain sales
pros to join the team. We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon
Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Y Combinator, SV Angel, CrunchFund, Steve Chen (co-founder of
YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more. Leveraging our accelerated
growth, we will continue to expand throughout the US and globally in order to revolutionize the labor
The primary responsibility of the Sales Development Representative is to target Mid-Enterprise new
businesses that use part-time staffing in large quantities. You'll have a defined prospect list but you’ll also
build relationships with regional and larger national players in the light industrial space. Distribution
facilities, Ecommerce, warehouses, and consumer packaged goods are just some of the industries that
The ideal candidate has a passion for activity, finding prospects that fit our target, engaging prospects,
exciting them about Instawork and facilitating an evaluation with our Account Executive team. This goal
of this role is to master the first half of the sales cycle and eventually becoming an Account Executive
What You’ll Do
● Actively engage new and existing leads by phone, email, Linkedin and attract new partners
● Pre-qualify opportunities by business size, staffing needs and volume.
● Work closely with Account Executives to develop strategies to target prospects and secure
● Achieve monthly quotas of sales qualified opportunities
● Effectively use Salesforce.com and other sales tools to run accounts through the top of the
funnel sales cycle.
● Explain the value of Instawork platform to potential new partners
● Self-driven, organized, motivated and strategic thinker.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● The ability to understand a target audience and identify the right prospects
● 1+ year of sales development or business development experience
● Experience with outbound phone calls, linkedin sales
● Experience using Salesforce.com or other Client Relationship Management (CRM)
● Managing a full sales cycle
● Experience prospecting into the warehousing and supply chain industries
● Highly motivated and willing to take intelligent risks
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.