Area Sales Manager - Phoenix, AZ
We are seeking an amazing front line sales leader to join our team based in San Francisco, CA. You will play the critical role of leading and crafting a team of SME sales account executives - empowering them to engage, educate, and convert hospitality venues onto the Instawork platform. You align with our company values and have a passion for building high-performance sales teams that drive stellar monthly/quarterly outcomes while developing processes for the long haul. If you’re passionate about developing people, shaping process, and you’re excited to roll up your sleeves and lead by example, let’s talk.
What You'll Do:
- Lead a team of 6-8+ full cycle AEs to achieve and exceed monthly/annual targets.
- Encourage and empower your team to perform to their full potential. Build a world-class consultative sales team by investing in and developing the existing sales team while at the same time attracting top sales talent to Instwork.
- Help refine and further develop our strategy: 10x revenue by adding new accounts and increasing share of wallet of current clients.
- Lead by example by rolling up your sleeves to embrace the phone, deliver demos, craft and refine messaging, and meet clients with in person with your AEs.
- Use data to inform decision-making and focus areas - ranging from AE skill development (e.g. coaching conversations, email campaign usage) to team initiatives (e.g. staffing to seasonality, piloting new activities). Track, measure and report-out on sales effectiveness against targets and adjust programs and strategies as necessary.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to refine lead targeting, messaging, lead qualification, and opportunity handoff.
- Develop territory plans with your team to drive new and existing account growth.
- Build a culture of fun and excellence within the team. Cultivate everyone’s skill set development and guide career pathing as they grow within the organization.
- Collaborate with product, support, and operations to create amazing experiences with Instawork partners.
- Ensure the effective use of Salesforce and other tools.
- Some travel required.
Here's What We're Looking For:
- 4-6 years of experience in Inside and Field Sales, preferably in SaaS-based or hospitality products and/or services
- At least 2 years of shown quota-carrying experience as an individual producer
- 2+ years of people management experience in a sales organization
- Consistent track record of establishing and exceeding measurable goals
- Experience with start-up environments and high velocity sales models. You will have experience with staffing, SMB/SME SaaS, or hospitality.
- Excellent working knowledge of outbound SaaS sales methodologies, building a referral network, and account management.
- A passion to pick up the phones and coach AEs on demo delivery, objection handling, and soft skills
- Ability to interact effectively with multiple teams: excellent social and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Salesforce experience
- Base plus uncapped commission structure
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Health FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Open PTO – take the time you need
- Life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401k (non-matching)
- Weekly Lunch, snacks, drinks and fun hospitality events
- Monthly prizes, spiffs, and additional sales incentives
- Bias for Action -- We are a growing team and an evolving product. We want a team of do’ers to drive the company forward.
- Act Like an Owner -- Make your territory your own. Execute on the fundamentals, and act creatively to drive growth
- Always Be Learning -- We are creating a new vision for our industry. The best reps are able to adapt and learn from each other and our customers.
- Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Always be upfront and honest with the team and our business partners.
Instawork's goal is to be the essential hiring engine for small to medium-sized businesses across the globe. Our first step toward this goal is to become the "the Uber of Staffing” as our technology enables us to service needs of the massive gig economy. We are well positioned in the hospitality space (think catering companies, multi-location restaurants, hotels, event venues, golf courses) and looking to quickly expand our reach across the country and then the globe. 10% of Americans work in the hospitality industry and staffing is the by far the biggest struggle the industry faces for both the business and the worker. This presents a unique opportunity for a major disruption to the outdated job boards or help wanted signs in the window.
We are making a difference for thousands of businesses in multiple markets and currently looking for top-notch talent that want to change the way brick & mortar and large event venues utilize on-demand talent to fill staffing gaps. Essentially we are enabling gig workers to spend their extra time to make extra money to close the gap on their financial needs.
We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Y Combinator, SV Angel, Crunchfund, Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more.