New York City, NY /
Instawork is seeking a "Jill or Jack of-all-trades" Operations Coordinator in the New York City area.
As an Operations Coordinator, you are fundamental to Instawork's success. You see projects through from conception through implementation. You are intellectually curious and excited at the opportunity to drive the company forward by tackling the most critical challenges.
More specifically, you will have the unique opportunity to manage growth initiatives to most effectively scale both the supply and demand side of the marketplace. Becoming the digital staffing platform of choice for businesses and gig economy workers can be a complex mission that requires vision, passion, perseverance and creativity.
We are looking for someone who has that mix of operational prowess to get great work done, the hustle to build a business from scratch, the negotiation and collaboration skills needed to bring out the best from business partners, and innovation and creative thinking that's required to develop outside the box solutions.
As an Operations Coordinator, you will be partnered up with a senior member of our Demand Operations team to help grow some of our existing markets. You will get exposure to both Professionals on the platform as well as some of our existing clients in the hospitality and industrial space. Strategy, sales operations and account management, local operations, marketing, project management, marketplace analytics, and customer experience all sit under the operations coordinator's broad umbrella of responsibilities.
Instawork's goal is to be the essential hiring engine for all businesses that support an hourly workforce. We create flexible opportunities for workers to earn additional income, build new skills, and even test out new employers prior to accepting full-time positions. Our on-demand staffing app allows warehouse, distribution, and other supply chain employers to connect with local skilled pros looking to take on additional shifts. The Light Industrial staffing industry is an antiquated $70 billion dollar market opportunity that is primed for disruption. Our technology allows for better matching between workers and employers and a world-class dispatching solution to ensure hiring targets far exceed the status quo.
We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley, Uber investor), Spark Capital (Nabeel Hyatt, Postmates investor), Y Combinator, SV Angel, Crunchfund, Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more.
- 4 year degree from an accredited university
- 1-2 years of professional experience
- Agile, team player willing to navigate fluctuating needs of the business
- Willingness to roll your sleeves up to accomplish tasks, as well as strategic thinking at a high level
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- Manage client experience for both new and existing business partners
- Contribute to company OKRs, having a firm grasp on key operational metrics to maintain & grow the health of your market(s)
- Lead ad-hoc special projects, working alongside stakeholders in cross functional teams (ie. finance, marketing, sales, and customer support)
- Provide feedback on the user experience to our product and engineering team
- Assist with high priority client support
Instawork is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.