Lead Product Designer (Remote OK)
Instawork is looking for a thoughtful, talented, and mission driven product designer to join our growing team, shape our product, and help establish a design centered culture across the company. Your work will help hospitality professionals to gain additional skills, earn extra income, and run their businesses more efficiently.
In addition to being a two-sided marketplace, the online-to-offline nature of our product presents a unique set of design and product challenges. We aren't just trying to get people to click more buttons - we're connecting people in physical space and managing around all the unpredictability and unique social dynamics of hourly labor within the light industrial and hospitality industries.
This role is remote but targeted for US employees only. Ideally you can overlap well with our San Francisco headquarters business hours (Pacific time).
Who you are:
- You are highly empathetic and passionate about helping others. You’re excited about building a strong design foundation within our team, but also eager to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to ship products and features our users love.
- You’ve been part of a high functioning product and design team and have a knack for user research and UX design, but can be effective across a number of other product design functions. You’re ready to take ownership of our design process and the end-to-end designs of the most critical areas of our product.
What you'll do:
- Take high level product ideas from conception through execution, across web and mobile. We are a small team so you'll work across a wide range of areas - product strategy, user research, and UX/UI design in particular.
- Take joint ownership of metrics and strategy with the product team, and work collaboratively with engineering and operations to achieve goals
- Mentor our existing team of 2 talented product designers and implement the design tools and processes needed to build the foundation of a high functioning, global design team
You should have:
- 5+ years experience as a product designer across web and mobile
- Mastery in design tools like Figma or Sketch
- A passion for hard problems and helping people
- Bias for Action -- We practice high-velocity decision-making, despite encountering ambiguity frequently.
- Act Like an Owner -- We have a strong ownership mentality, because of this, we work smart, hard, and long. Every person on the team has the potential to have a large impact.
- Always Be Learning -- We learn rapidly and eagerly, from different teams within and outside the company. Respectful debate makes our organization stronger.
- Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Being empathetic to our users and each other helps build trust in our community and company, and fosters successful decision-making.
Instawork's goal is to be the essential hiring engine for mid to enterprise-sized businesses across the globe. Our first step toward this goal is to become the "the Uber of Staffing” as our technology enables us to service needs of the massive gig economy. We are well positioned in the light industrial and hospitality spaces (think distribution and manufacturing centers, catering companies, multi-location restaurants, hotels, event venues, golf courses) and looking to quickly expand our reach across the country and then the globe. Our product presents a unique opportunity for a major disruption to the outdated job boards or help wanted signs in the window.
We are making a difference for thousands of businesses in multiple markets and currently looking for top-notch talent that want to change the way businesses utilize on-demand talent to fill staffing gaps. In addition to providing a convenient solution for hiring needs, we are enabling and empowering gig workers to spend their time to make extra money and take control of their financial destiny.
We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), GV, Spark Capital, Y Combinator, SV Angel, Crunchfund, Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more.