Platform Engineer (Remote)
San Francisco, CA
As a Platform Engineer, you will work in a small group that supports the entire engineering org by making sure we can scale our development practices and production systems.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop & maintain core product services, libraries and frameworks
- Evaluate and develop new tools and technologies that can help achieve company-level goals
- Improve the performance and reliability of our services including databases, CI/CD pipeline, web services, and other integrations
- Collaborate with other teams on security, automation, and internal tools
HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years software development experience
- Industry experience programming with Python (preferred), JS, Ruby or other modern languages
- Experience with relational or NoSQL databases such as MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, Neo4j
- Deployed cloud infrastructure and distributed systems on AWS
- Experience with Docker orchestration (ECS, k8s, etc) is a nice-to-have
- Familiarity with ETL & data pipelines is a nice-to-have
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Health FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Open PTO – take the time you need
- 401k (non-matching)
- Bias for Action -- We practice high-velocity decision-making, despite encountering ambiguity frequently.
- Act Like an Owner -- We have a strong ownership mentality. Because of this, every person on the team has the potential to make a huge impact.
- Always Be Learning -- We learn rapidly and eagerly, from different teams within and outside the company. Respectful debate makes our organization stronger.
- Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Being empathetic to our users and each other helps build trust in our community and company, and fosters successful decision-making.
- Instawork is a remote-friendly company. About half our US team is in our San Francisco HQ and the other half is remote.
- We are open to people in different locations but time overlap with our SF team is important. We're ideally looking for 5-6 hours of overlap time in a day, preferring the first half of the day over the second half of the day.
- We believe the best talent exists everywhere and we are truly committed to attracting and retaining the best talent globally.
- For people that are interested, we are able to sponsor trips to our HQ as needed.
- Our process is designed for easy remote collaboration - we use tools like Github, Confluence, Asana, Zoom, Slack and have a remote-friendly approach to our day-to-day workflows.
- Keywords: Remote job, Work remotely, Telecommute, Virtual job, Home-based, Work from home
Instawork's goal is to be the essential hiring engine for small to medium-sized businesses across the globe. Our first step toward this goal is to become the "the Uber of Staffing” as our technology enables us to service needs of the massive gig economy. We are well positioned in the hospitality space (think catering companies, multi-location restaurants, hotels, event venues, golf courses) and looking to quickly expand our reach across the country and then the globe. 10% of Americans work in the hospitality industry and staffing is the by far the biggest struggle the industry faces for both the business and the worker. This presents a unique opportunity for a major disruption to the outdated job boards or help wanted signs in the window.
We are making a difference for thousands of businesses in multiple markets and currently looking for top-notch talent that want to change the way brick & mortar and large event venues utilize on-demand talent to fill staffing gaps. Essentially we are enabling gig workers to spend their extra time to make extra money to close the gap on their financial needs.
We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Y Combinator, SV Angel, Crunchfund, Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more.