Lead Product Designer
Instawork is looking for a thoughtful, talented, and mission driven lead product designer to join our growing team, shape our product, and help establish a design centered culture across the company.
Instawork's goal is to be the essential staffing engine for all businesses that support the local workforce. We create flexible opportunities for workers to earn additional income, build new skills, and even test out employers prior to accepting full-time positions. Our vision is to organize the world's labor force and make it as accessible to local businesses as tap water. Whether it’s a light industrial or hospitality business, the Instawork team builds technology to connect people with what gigs they want.
We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), GV (formerly Google Ventures), Spark Capital, Y Combinator, SV Angel Crunchfund, Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more. This cross functional role will be part of Instawork’s product team in India and will work closely with the entire organization.
Who you are:
- You are highly empathetic and passionate about helping others. You’re excited about building a strong design foundation within our team, but also eager to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to ship products and features our users love.
- you’ve been part of a high functioning product and design team and have a knack for user research and UX design, but can be effective across a number of other product design functions. You’re ready to take ownership of our design process and the end-to-end designs of the most critical areas of our product.
What you'll do:
- Take high level product ideas from conception through execution, across web and mobile. We are a small team so you'll work across a wide range of areas - product strategy, user research, and UX/UI design in particular.
- Take joint ownership of metrics and strategy with the product team, and work collaboratively with engineering and operations to achieve goals
You should have:
- At least 6+ years experience as a product designer across web and mobile
- Mastery of the basic principles of UX, visual design and typography
- Mastery in design tools like Figma or Sketch
- Experience with planning and conducting user research
- A passion for hard problems and helping people
- Empathy with customers, and a strong desire to understand them
- Strong desire to work on a small team where you'll be involved in almost every facet of our product planning + execution process
- Design graduate or post graduate from Tier 1 institute like NID, NIFT etc
- Experience working with prototyping tools like Framer, Pixate, Origami, HTML/CSS/JS or After Effects
- Entrepreneurship or small startup experience
- Bias for Action - We practice high-velocity decision-making, despite encountering ambiguity frequently.
- Act Like an Owner - We have a strong ownership mentality, because of this, we work smart, hard, and long. Every person on the team has the potential to have a large impact.
- Always Be Learning - We learn rapidly and eagerly, from different teams within and outside the company. Respectful debate makes our organization stronger.
- Empathy, Trust, Candor - Being empathetic to our users and each other helps build trust in our community and company, and fosters successful decision-making.
Instawork's goal is to be the essential hiring engine for small to medium-sized businesses across the globe. Our first step toward this goal is to become the "the Uber of Staffing” as our technology enables us to service the needs of the massive gig economy.
We are well positioned in the warehouse and hospitality space (think large ecommerce companies, third party logistic providers, catering companies, multi-location restaurants,event venues, golf courses, etc) and looking to quickly expand our reach across the country and then the globe. Staffing is by far the biggest struggle the industry faces for both the business and the worker. The Light Industrial and Hospitality staffing industry is a combined $100+ billion dollar market opportunity that is primed for disruption. This presents a unique opportunity for technology and innovation to replace the outdated job boards or help wanted signs in the window.
We are making a difference for thousands of businesses in multiple markets and currently looking for top-notch talent that want to change the way brick & mortar and large event venues utilize on-demand talent to fill staffing gaps. Essentially we are enabling gig workers to spend their extra time to make extra money to close the gap on their financial needs.
We have offices in San Francisco and Bangalore, along with satellite offices in various parts of the US. You can find out more about us and our values at https://www.instawork.com/about or find us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn