Associate Full-stack Engineer
Instawork creates economic opportunity for small businesses and hourly workers by connecting
them for a variety of employment opportunities. Our on-demand staffing app allows warehouse,
distribution, and other supply chain employers to connect with local skilled pros looking to take on
additional shifts. In addition to being a two-sided marketplace, the online-to-offline nature of our
product presents a unique set of product challenges. We aren't just trying to get people to click more
buttons - we're connecting people in physical space and managing around all the unpredictability
and unique social dynamics of hourly labor. Your work will help warehouse and hospitality
professionals gain additional skills, earn extra income, and help our partners to run their businesses
We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark
(Bill Gurley), GV (formerly Google Ventures), Spark Capital, Y Combinator, SV Angel Crunchfund,
Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more.
- 2+ years of work experience with strong CS fundamentals
- Expertise in Python. (we use Django and DRF)
- Knowledge of frontend JS frameworks like React, Angular etc (we are ReactJS)
- Strong expertise in databases (MySQL or others)
- Understanding of Software Engineering best practices
- Open source contributions with a Github link is a plus
Other key competencies we're looking for
- Desire to learn and grow by working with the best.
- Enthusiasm for evaluating new services and technologies
- Ability to prioritize biggest bang for buck features / projects
- Interest in joining an early venture, where you will effectively shape our culture and values
- Bias for Action -- We practice high-velocity decision-making, despite encountering ambiguity frequently.
- Act Like an Owner -- We have a strong ownership mentality, because of this, we work smart, hard, and long. Every person on the team has the potential to have a large impact.
- Always Be Learning -- We learn rapidly and eagerly, from different teams within and outside the company. Respectful debate makes our organization stronger.
- Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Being empathetic to our users and each other helps build trust in our community and company, and fosters successful decision-making.
Instawork's goal is to be the essential hiring engine for small to medium-sized businesses across
the globe. Our first step toward this goal is to become the "the Uber of Staffing” as our technology
enables us to service the needs of the massive gig economy.
We are well positioned in the warehouse and hospitality space (think large ecommerce companies,
third party logistic providers, catering companies, multi-location restaurants,event venues, golf
courses, etc) and looking to quickly expand our reach across the country and then the globe. Staffing
is by far the biggest struggle the industry faces for both the business and the worker. The Light
Industrial and Hospitality staffing industry is a combined $100+ billion dollar market opportunity that
is primed for disruption. This presents a unique opportunity for technology and innovation to replace
the outdated job boards or help wanted signs in the window.
We are making a difference for thousands of businesses in multiple markets and currently looking
for top-notch talent that want to change the way brick & mortar and large event venues utilize
on-demand talent to fill staffing gaps. Essentially we are enabling gig workers to spend their extra
time to make extra money to close the gap on their financial needs.
We have offices in San Francisco and Bangalore, along with satellite offices in various parts of the
US. You can find out more about us and our values at
https://www.instawork.com/about or find us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn