Associate Full-stack Engineer
Instawork is the fastest growing career marketplace for blue-collar workers. We've changed the way traditional recruiting works for small businesses (e.g a sign on the window) by turning the process into an automated matching problem. Our vision is to organize the world's labor force and make it as accessible to local businesses as tap water. We're growing rapidly and are expanding across the US.
We've been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Spark Capital, GV (Google Ventures), Y Combinator, SV Angel, Crunchfund, Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more.
- 2+ years of work experience with strong CS fundamentals
- Expertise in Python. (we use Django and DRF)
- Knowledge of frontend JS frameworks like React, Angular etc (we are ReactJS)
- Strong expertise in databases (MySQL or others)
- Understanding of Software Engineering best practices
- Open source contributions with a Github link is a plus
Other key competencies we're looking for
- Desire to learn and grow by working with the best.
- Enthusiasm for evaluating new services and technologies
- Ability to prioritize biggest bang for buck features / projects
- Interest in joining an early venture, where you will effectively shape our culture and values
- Bias for Action -- We practice high-velocity decision-making, despite encountering ambiguity frequently.
- Act Like an Owner -- We have a strong ownership mentality, because of this, we work smart, hard, and long. Every person on the team has the potential to have a large impact.
- Always Be Learning -- We learn rapidly and eagerly, from different teams within and outside the company. Respectful debate makes our organization stronger.
- Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Being empathetic to our users and each other helps build trust in our community and company, and fosters successful decision-making.