Senior Growth Analyst
San Francisco, CA
Instawork is the leading on-demand staffing marketplace for gig workers and hospitality businesses. We're growing exponentially with strong unit economics... and expanding rapidly into new markets. Data and customers are at the heart of our decisions.
We're looking for a Senior Growth Analyst to tackle some of our highest impact problems. You will report into the SVP of Growth and Operations and partner with General Managers to accelerate growth, drive marketplace quality and improve market efficiency. You will be responsible for a variety of analyses ranging from market entry analysis, understanding our Partners and Professionals, monitoring market health, and growth accounting. Your actionable recommendations will range from tactical to strategic, ultimately influencing how Instawork executes every day and invests in growth.
To be successful you will be an analytical athlete, driven to solve hard problems and make an impact, excited by startup agility, and able to navigate through ambiguity to recommend challenging trade-offs (supply vs. demand, long-term vs. short-term, impact vs. risk). You will partner with multiple cross-functional stakeholders and influence all aspects of operating and growing markets.
- Be the data-driven thought partner for General Managers to drive the performance and growth of our markets
- Identify key questions, problems, and opportunities to improve Instawork’s business
- Conduct quantitative analysis, statistical modeling, and data mining that results in actionable insights and recommendations
- Monitor and diagnose market performance to gain a deep understanding of underlying root causes
- Design and analyze rigorous A/B experiments to determine solutions effectiveness
- Forecast future trends through the use of data and predictive modeling/machine learning
- Develop actionable dashboards for GMs and other leaders in Operations and Growth.
- Communicate outcomes and insights to stakeholders to drive critical business decisions.
Experience and Skills:
- 5 years of industry experience in a management consulting, analytics or financial services role
- Degree in a quantitative field statistics, economics, applied math, operations research or engineering.
- Comfortable working with very large data sets
- Expert SQL experience
- Python or R preferred
- Experience building models in Excel or Google Sheets
- Experience with data visualization and BI tools like Tableau or Chartio
- Strong oral and written communication skills; extremely attentive to detail
- Intellectually curious and driven to solve hard problems
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Comfortable making decisions with ambiguity, with a strong bias for action
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Health FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Open PTO – take the time you need
- 401k (non-matching)
- Weekly Lunch, snacks, drinks and fun hospitality events
- Bias for Action --We practice high-velocity decision-making, despite encountering ambiguity frequently.
- Act Like an Owner -- We have a strong ownership mentality, because of this, we work smart, hard, and long. Every person on the team has the potential to have a large impact.
- Always Be Learning -- We learn rapidly and eagerly, from different teams within and outside the company. Respectful debate makes our organization stronger
- Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Being empathetic to our users and each other helps build trust in our community and company, and fosters successful decision-making.
Instawork is leading on-demand hospitality staffing marketplace. We create economic opportunity for the 10% of underserved Americans and small and medium-sized businesses in the hospitality industry. We are disrupting on professional quality and convenience and our professionals earn on average ~50% more than minimum wage.
We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Y Combinator, SV Angel, Crunchfund, Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more.