Principal Software Engineer
Instawork is the fastest growing career marketplace for blue-collar workers. We've changed the way traditional recruiting works for small businesses (e.g a sign on the window) by turning the process into an automated matching problem. Our vision is to organize the world's labor force and make it as accessible to local businesses as tap water. We're growing rapidly, even in 2020, and are expanding across the US.
We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Spark Capital, Google Ventures, Y Combinator, among many more.
Learn more about Instawork and our values here.
Check out our Engineering blog here.
What will you be doing at Instawork?
- Design, develop and deploy scalable software solutions that meet product requirements.
- Architect, maintain and manage multiple codebases and databases.
- Prioritize biggest bang for buck features / projects
- Evaluate and Scale to new services and technologies
- Work on and deliver apps / large complex software projects
- Support a high level of productivity in a fast-paced, team environment while managing multiple competing priorities.
- Roll up sleeves and work hands on with the team.
Experience and Skills
- 8+ years of professional experience working with high traffic web / mobile applications.
- Strong coding and SQL skills. Our tech stack is (Python / Django)
- Demonstrated ability to architect, maintain and manage databases and infrastructure within AWS - experience with EC2, RDS, ELB. Lambda
- Understands the tradeoffs between technical, analytical and product needs and leads to solutions that take all of these needs into account
- Shaped broad architecture; shipped multiple large services, complex libraries or major pieces of infrastructure
- Played a key role in developing multi-year technology strategy for complete and critical areas of the business that encompass multiple systems and teams
- A record of creating sweeping improvements in stability, performance, and scalability across major business-critical systems
- Seen as a role model and mentor to every technical member of the team