Software Engineer - E2
At Instawork, we’re driven by our vision to create economic opportunity for local businesses and skilled hourly professionals in communities around the world. With a growing number of hub cities across the world in the U.S., Canada, India, and beyond, we’re looking for top talent to help rapidly scale our high-tech and high-touch labor marketplace. Our accomplished and dedicated team is passionate about our mission and committed to crafting revolutionary products, all with the backing of our world-class investors, including Benchmark, Spark Capital, Craft Ventures, Greylock Capital, Y Combinator, and more!
Check out our Engineering blog here
What You'll Do
- Design, develop and deploy scalable software solutions
- Prioritize biggest bang for buck features/projects
- Work on and deliver apps/large complex software projects
- Support a high level of productivity in a fast-paced, team environment while managing multiple competing priorities
- Collaborate with PMs and designers to find the right approach to build a feature
- Provide feedback to engineers in the form of code reviews and comments on technical documents
Who You Are
- 3-5 years of professional experience working with high traffic web/mobile applications
- Strong coding and problem solving skills
- While we would prefer experience with the tools in our stack—Python/Django for web apps and APIs, Celery for background jobs, MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, React Native for cross-platform mobile apps—, it's not a must have
- Experience in system design, distributed systems, relational and No-SQL databases
Why Explore a Career at Instawork
Everyone at Instawork works across the stack. You'll have the opportunity to work backend systems work at scale, build frontend user experiences, and work with Product & Business to make the product meaningful.
We work hard and we work fast. We err on the side of being bold and embrace + celebrate failure, because we'd rather make bets on great features at the expense of shipping some bad ones.
Free meals and snacks • Health Insurance • Personal Insurance • Flexible Hours • Maternity/Paternity Leave • Broadband Reimbursement • Home Office Setup Allowance
Bias for Action -- We are a growing team and an evolving product. We want a team of do’ers to drive the company forward, even if it means making decisions with incomplete information or being wrong.
Act Like an Owner -- Treat this company as though it is your own. Execute on the fundamentals, and act creatively to drive growth. Your ability to drive impact in any part of our company is only limited by your courage and conviction, not your job title.
Always Be Learning -- We are changing an entire industry. We strive to learn from each other and get better each day, week, and month, so that our team’s learnings can compound and we can all improve, together.
Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Empathy for our business partners and professionals means we put ourselves in their shoes. Empathy for our colleagues means we are always upfront and honest with each other, which comes from trust.