Senior QA Automation Engineer
Instawork is a mission-driven (and fast growing) company looking for top talent to help us scale our labor marketplace. Our team is composed of talented and dedicated individuals who are passionate about creating economic opportunity for businesses and skilled hourly professionals. Our headquarters is in San Francisco, with hub cities across the U.S., Canada, and India. Our company values are our North Star, guiding us as we craft impactful products and to be extraordinary colleagues to each other.
We have been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest technology investors supporting us on this journey, including: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Greylock Capital, Y Combinator, and many more. Leveraging our accelerating growth, we will continue to grow our team and to expand globally in order to revolutionize the labor market.
Instawork, a digital marketplace that connects local businesses with skilled hourly professionals across the U.S., is seeking a Senior QA Automation Engineer, with a proven track record of success to join our rapidly growing team. Reporting to our QA Manager. This role serves as a critical member of the engineering team, and is responsible for building test automation, communicating quality updates across the engineering / product organizations, and manually testing new features.
- Implement automation tests across both Web and Mobile (IOS & Android). We are willing to train people who have no automation experience but have strong programming skills.
- Manual testing and coverage for new features that have not yet been automated; Perform Black Box and White Box testing
- Manage and configure build servers used for running automation
- Work in collaboration with development team in continuous build & deployment process
- Create efficient test plans and maintain the test case repository as our product grows in functionality
Who are you?
- 4-6 years experience with UI Automation testing tools. Bonus for Mobile (iOS/Android) experience using Appium and Selenium
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- Knowledge in Relational Database such as MySQL is preferred.
- Self-motivated, especially with respect to learning new software tools and best practices in software quality assurance.
- Startup mentality: self-starter, proactive, flexible.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Health FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Open PTO – take the time you need
- 401k (non-matching)
- Weekly Lunch, snacks, drinks and fun hospitality events
- Bias for Action -- We are a growing team and an evolving product. We want a team of do’ers to drive the company forward, even if it means making decisions with incomplete information or being wrong.
- Act Like an Owner -- Treat this company as though it is your own. Execute on the fundamentals, and act creatively to drive growth. Your ability to drive impact in any part of our company is only limited by your courage and conviction, not your job title.
- Always Be Learning -- We are changing an entire industry. We strive to learn from each other and get better each day, week, and month, so that our team’s learnings can compound and we can all improve, together.
- Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Empathy for our business partners and professionals means we put ourselves in their shoes. Empathy for our colleagues means we are always upfront and honest with each other, which comes from trust.
Founded in 2016, Instawork is the leading flexible staffing solution for local, hourly professionals. Its digital marketplace connects thousands of businesses and more than one million workers in the U.S., filling a critical role in local economies. Instawork helps businesses in food & beverage, hospitality, and warehouse/logistics industries fill temporary and permanent job opportunities in more than 25 U.S. markets. For more information visit www.instawork.com
We value diversity on our team and firmly believe Instawork is stronger when we hire people who make their own unique contributions to our culture. We welcome all applicants and encourage candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
To learn more about our company values, please visit: https://info.instawork.com/about