The primary responsibility of the Account Executive will be to acquire new business for Instawork by adding new accounts that utilize our platform to staff their events. You'll have a defined prospect list but you’ll also build relationships with both local businesses and larger national players in the hospitality space.
This is a high-energy, client-facing sales role requires proven sales ability with a passion for closing deals and growing accounts. The ideal candidate understands and anticipates how decisions are made, and you will persistently uncover the needs and decision-making criteria of your prospects. Your goal is to create more raving fanatics of Instawork and ensure that we become the ultimate staffing and hiring solution choice for all of our clients. Above all, you will be responsible for hitting your revenue targets.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Establish a collaborative business relationship between Instawork and small/medium sized businesses, multi-location companies, and other companies that have staffing and hiring needs.
- Manage a full cycle sales process to include calls and emails to prospects in your territory.
- Utilize a consultative sales process to demonstrate how Instawork is a faster, more convenient and cost-effective solution compared to the status quo.
- Ensure a top notch first experience with Instawork, and obsess over growing accounts in the first months as a customer.
- Strategically work an assigned account list focusing on net new client acquisition and closing new business over the phone.
- Consistently exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue targets assigned by management while contributing to overall team targets.
- Provide accurate weekly forecasts and sales plans
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to drive revenue growth with new customers.
- Provide actionable product feedback to our supporting teams and head of sales in order to help iterate on our value offering.
- Utilize our technology tools and maintain great Salesforce hygiene.
- Come to work each day with a positive attitude and ready to win.
HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- A track record of success – consistently exceeding quota
- Experience – you follow a sales process and methodology
- Soft-skills - eloquent, professional, organized, client-ready, articulate
- Sales-skills - consultative, razor-sharp, industry expert
- Attitude - positive, open-minded, passionate about sales
- Tenacity – grit, competitiveness, go-getter
- Long-term vision for Instawork and our brand
- History of strong relationships with previous managers/directors
- Proficient in Powerpoint, Excel, Google Docs and Salesforce
- Base plus uncapped commission structure
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Health FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Open PTO – take the time you need
- 401k (non-matching)
- Weekly Lunch, snacks, drinks and fun hospitality events
- Monthly prizes, spiffs, and additional sales incentives.
- Bias for Action -- We are a growing team and an evolving product. We want a team of do’ers to drive the company forward.
- Act Like an Owner -- Make your territory your own. Execute on the fundamentals, and act creatively to drive growth
- Always Be Learning -- We are creating a new vision for our industry. The best reps are able to adapt and learn from each other and our customers.
- Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Always be upfront and honest with the team and our business partners.
Instawork's goal is to be the essential hiring engine for the hourly workforce. Our first step toward this goal is to become the on-demand technology staffing solution for the massive gig economy. We are well positioned in the hospitality space (think catering companies, multi-location restaurants, hotels, event venues, golf courses, stadiums, universities) and looking to quickly expand our reach across the country and then the globe. 10% of Americans work in the hospitality industry and staffing is the by far the biggest struggle the industry faces for both the business and the worker. This presents a unique opportunity for a major disruption to the outdated job boards or help wanted signs in the window.
We are making a difference for thousands of businesses in multiple markets and currently looking for top-notch talent that want to change the way brick & mortar and large event venues utilize on-demand talent to fill staffing gaps. Essentially we are enabling gig workers to spend their extra time to make extra money to close the gap on their financial needs.
We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Y Combinator, SV Angel, Crunchfund, Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more.