Business Operations Analyst
Business Operations /
Instawork's goal is to be the essential hiring engine for all businesses that support an hourly workforce. We create flexible opportunities for workers to earn additional income, build new skills, and even test out new employers prior to accepting full-time positions. Our vision is to organize the world's labor force and make it as accessible to local businesses as tap water.
At Instawork, the Business Operations team works on mission critical projects in three areas:
- Managing high priority strategic initiatives. From incubating entirely new business lines or teams to supporting existing functions on their most important projects, we align the Business Operations team to the areas of highest priority within our business.
- Analytics and decision support. Helping our functional leaders think through the most important decisions they're facing. Through analyzing data, talking to customers, and applying frameworks, you'll help make sure Instawork has all the information required to make optimal decisions.
- Strategic planning. Helping to define our company strategy and ensure all teams are aligned in their focus. You'll work closely with the executive team to refine our strategy and help coordinate and execute on the initiatives required to deliver successful outcomes.
As the Business Operations Analyst, you'll be responsible for leading analyses ranging from market entry analysis, understanding our Partners and Professionals, monitoring market health, and growth accounting. Your actionable recommendations will range from tactical to strategic, ultimately influencing how Instawork executes every day and invests in growth. You'll report to the Director of Business Operations and partner will partner with multiple cross-functional stakeholders to accelerate growth, drive marketplace quality and improve market efficiency.
The ideal candidate
- Has 2+ years experience in data analytics, management consulting, investment banking, and/or technology
- Has strong analytical chops with strong proficiency in SQL and reporting tools to derive actionable insights from user behavior (Python or R experience is a plus)
- Is detail-oriented, with a strong passion for analytics and problem-solving
- Is excited to work in a fast-paced environment, is comfortable with making decisions in ambiguity, and has a strong bias for action.
- Understands the common metrics used in the internet industry along with business growth metrics such as retention, churn, CAC, CLTV, etc.