Business Operations Analyst (SF, CHI, MIA, NY)
San Francisco, CA /
Business Operations /
Instawork is a mission-driven (and fast growing) company looking for top talent to help us scale our labor marketplace. Our team is composed of talented and dedicated individuals who are passionate about creating economic opportunity for businesses and skilled hourly professionals. Our headquarters is in San Francisco, with hub cities across the U.S., Canada, and India. Our company values are our North Star, guiding us as we craft impactful products and to be extraordinary colleagues to each other.
We have been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest technology investors supporting us on this journey, including: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Greylock Capital, Y Combinator, and many more. Leveraging our accelerating growth, we will continue to grow our team and to expand globally in order to revolutionize the labor market.
At Instawork, the Business Operations team works on mission critical projects in three areas:
- Managing high priority strategic initiatives. From incubating entirely new business lines or teams to supporting existing functions on their most important projects, we align the Business Operations team to the areas of highest priority within our business.
- Analytics and decision support. Helping our functional leaders think through the most important decisions they're facing. Through analyzing data, talking to customers, and applying frameworks, you'll help make sure Instawork has all the information required to make optimal decisions.
- Strategic planning. Helping to define our company strategy and ensure all teams are aligned in their focus. You'll work closely with the executive team to refine our strategy and help coordinate and execute on the initiatives required to deliver successful outcomes.
As the Business Operations Analyst, you'll be responsible for leading analyses ranging from product performance, user segmentation, monitoring market health, to growth accounting. Your actionable recommendations will range from strategic to tactical, ultimately influencing how Instawork executes every day and invests in growth. You'll report to the Director of Business Operations and will partner with multiple cross-functional stakeholders to accelerate growth, drive marketplace quality and improve market efficiency.
The ideal candidate
- Has 2+ years experience in business intelligence, data analytics, management consulting, investment banking, and/or technology
- Has strong analytical chops with strong proficiency in SQL and reporting tools to derive actionable insights from user behavior (Python or R experience is a plus)
- Is detail-oriented, with a strong passion for analytics and problem-solving
- Is excited to work in a fast-paced environment, is comfortable with making decisions in ambiguity, and has a strong bias for action.
- Understands the common metrics used in the internet industry along with business growth metrics such as retention, churn, CAC, CLTV, etc.
- Bias for Action -- We are a growing team and an evolving product. We want a team of do’ers to drive the company forward, even if it means making decisions with incomplete information or being wrong.
- Act Like an Owner -- Treat this company as though it is your own. Execute on the fundamentals, and act creatively to drive growth. Your ability to drive impact in any part of our company is only limited by your courage and conviction, not your job title.
- Always Be Learning -- We are changing an entire industry. We strive to learn from each other and get better each day, week, and month, so that our team’s learnings can compound and we can all improve, together.
- Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Empathy for our business partners and professionals means we put ourselves in their shoes. Empathy for our colleagues means we are always upfront and honest with each other, which comes from trust.
Founded in 2016, Instawork is the leading flexible staffing solution for local, hourly professionals. Its digital marketplace connects thousands of businesses and more than one million workers in the U.S., filling a critical role in local economies. Instawork helps businesses in food & beverage, hospitality, and warehouse/logistics industries fill temporary and permanent job opportunities in more than 25 U.S. markets. For more information visit www.instawork.com
We value diversity on our team and firmly believe Instawork is stronger when we hire people who make their own unique contributions to our culture. We welcome all applicants and encourage candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
To learn more about our company values, please visit: https://info.instawork.com/about