Team Lead - Data Operations
Instawork is seeking an Operations Team Lead who can “Act-like-an-owner” and a self driver. This position would lead a cross-functional team responsible for assisting the growth, quality, and management on the supply side of our marketplace.
You see projects from conception through implementation. You are intellectually curious and excited at the opportunity to drive the company forward by tackling the most critical challenges.
More specifically, you will have the unique opportunity to manage growth initiatives on the supply side (eg. Professionals picking up gigs) side of the marketplace. We are looking for someone who has that mix of operational prowess to get great work done, the hustle to build programs from scratch, and creative thinking to develop outside the box solutions.
Here's What You'll Do
- Implementing high priority projects to drive meaningful improvements on KPIs
- Identify business priorities such as growth opportunities or weaknesses and help drive the team’s strategy and improve or innovate processes
- Execute and optimize every process you own
- Cross functioning with Community Ops, Product, Sales, Local Ops in US as and when required
- Ensure good quality output of the team
- Run feedback sessions and brainstorming session with the team members
- Reporting weekly Supply output to the org
- Work closely with Senior Manager to set and/or implement SOPs and to follow through with implementation.
- Serve as a primary point of contact when there are customer issues related to supply quality or unmet demand.
What We're Looking For
- 2-4 years exp of team lead, management consulting, strategy, finance, or operations,
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A track record of solving ambiguous problems, building for the future, and seeing around corners
- Outstanding project management, communication, and organization skills
- Highly flexible with time working in PST hours or weekends, if the situation demands
- Proficient in excel/google sheets
- SQL experience is a plus
- A team player - willing to learn, help others, and take full ownership
- An optimist - our company would not have endured 2020 without positive attitudes and resilience
- An innovator - this role is being defined for the first time, right now!
Instawork Core Values
- Bias for Action --We practice high-velocity decision-making, despite encountering ambiguity frequently.
- Act Like an Owner -- We have a strong ownership mentality, because of this, we work smart, hard, and long. Every person on the team has the potential to have a large impact.
- Always Be Learning -- We learn rapidly and eagerly, from different teams within and outside the company. Respectful debate makes our organization stronger
- Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Being empathetic to our users and each other helps build trust in our community and company, and fosters successful decision-making.
- Medical insurance
- Monthly Lunch and fun events
Instawork's goal is to be the essential hiring engine for small to medium-sized businesses across
the globe. Our first step toward this goal is to become the "the Uber of Staffing” as our technology
enables us to service the needs of the massive gig economy.
We are well positioned in the warehouse and hospitality space (think large ecommerce companies,
third party logistic providers, catering companies, multi-location restaurants, event venues, golf
courses, etc) and looking to quickly expand our reach across the country and then the globe. Staffing
is by far the biggest struggle the industry faces for both the business and the worker. The Light
Industrial and Hospitality staffing industry is a combined $100+ billion dollar market opportunity that
is primed for disruption. This presents a unique opportunity for technology and innovation to replace
the outdated job boards or help wanted signs in the window.
We are making a difference for thousands of businesses in multiple markets and currently looking
for top-notch talent that want to change the way brick & mortar and large event venues utilize
on-demand talent to fill staffing gaps. Essentially we are enabling gig workers to spend their extra
time to make extra money to close the gap on their financial needs.
We have offices in San Francisco and Bangalore, along with satellite offices in various parts of the
US. You can find out more about us and our values at
https://www.instawork.com/about or find us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn