Senior Software Engineer (SDE3)
Instawork's goal is to be the essential hiring engine for small to medium-sized businesses across the globe. Our first step toward this goal is to become the "the Uber of Staffing” as our technology enables us to service the needs of the massive gig economy.
We are well positioned in the warehouse and hospitality space (think large e-commerce companies, third party logistic providers, catering companies, multi-location restaurants, event venues, golf courses, etc) and looking to quickly expand our reach across the country and then the globe. Staffing is by far the biggest struggle the industry faces for both the business and the worker. The Light Industrial and Hospitality staffing industry is a combined $100+ billion dollar market opportunity that is primed for disruption. This presents a unique opportunity for technology and innovation to replace the outdated job boards or help wanted signs in the window.
We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Spark Capital, Google Ventures, Y Combinator, among many more.
We have offices in San Francisco and Bangalore, along with satellite offices in various parts of the US. You can find out more about us and our values here.
Check out our Engineering blog here
What will you be doing at Instawork?
- Design, develop and deploy scalable software solutions
- Prioritize biggest bang for buck features/projects
- Work on and deliver apps/large complex software projects
- Support a high level of productivity in a fast-paced, team environment while managing multiple competing priorities
- Collaborate with PMs and designers to find the right approach to build a feature
- Provide feedback to engineers in the form of code reviews and comments on technical documents
Experience and Skills
- 5-8 years of professional experience working with high traffic web/mobile applications
- Strong coding and problem solving skills
- While we would prefer experience with the tools in our stack—Python/Django for web apps and APIs, Celery for background jobs, MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, React Native for cross-platform mobile apps—, it's not a must have
- Experience in system design, distributed systems, relational and No-SQL databases
Why Explore a career at Instawork
Everyone at Instawork works across the stack. You'll have the opportunity to work backend systems work at scale, build frontend user experiences, and work with Product & Business to make the product meaningful.
We work hard and we work fast. We err on the side of being bold and embrace + celebrate failure, because we'd rather make bets on great features at the expense of shipping some bad ones.
Free meals and snacks • Health Insurance • Personal Insurance • Flexible Hours • Maternity/Paternity Leave • Broadband Reimbursement • Home Office Setup Allowance
Bias for Action - We practice high-velocity decision-making, despite encountering ambiguity frequently.
Act Like an Owner - We have a strong ownership mentality. Because of this, every person on the team has the potential to make a huge impact.
Always Be Learning - We learn rapidly and eagerly, from different teams within and outside the company. Respectful debate makes our organization stronger.
Empathy, Trust, Candor - Being empathetic to our users and each other helps build trust in our community and company, and fosters successful decision-making.