Consumer Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Instawork's goal is to be the essential staffing engine for all businesses that support the local workforce. We create flexible opportunities for workers to earn additional income, build new skills, and even test out employers prior to accepting full-time positions.
Since starting in 2015, we’ve had over 600K people download our app across the U.S. We've been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Spark Capital (Nabeel Hyatt), Y-Combinator, SV Angel, CrunchFund, and many more. We're growing rapidly, even in 2020, and are expanding across the US.
As the Marketing Manager, you will acquire and activate people seeking to earn income. This includes using organic and paid marketing channels to attract and nurture high potential workers. To be successful you'll be a growth hacker at heart, highly entrepreneurial, and results-driven. You'll be excited by startup agility and motivated by our mission to bring economic opportunity to underserved workers. You’ll also get ample opportunity to experiment with various online and offline channels to reach our best potential Professionals.
- Develop tactical plans to meet quarterly and short-term growth targets. That includes owning OKR deliverables and outcomes, regularly monitoring performance.
- Understand our ideal customer profile and attract them with the right content in the right places, at the right time.
- Support our supply operations team in hitting short-term acquisition goals, using the right mix of channels to meet targets within ROI.
- Optimize our CRM communication channels to encourage users to get activated. Leverage tools and technology to automate campaigns and reporting.
- Analyze and empathize. Use both quantitative and qualitative data points to uncover insights that result in step-level improvements in our customer journey.
- Innovate. Continuously identify, test, and optimize new ideas. Collaborate effectively with Operations, Product, and Engineering.
- 3+ years in consumer marketing, with experience in lifecycle or email marketing. Paid acquisition experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated success in campaign planning, execution, and delivering improved conversion rates over time.
- Adept in building segmented email campaigns, using various communication channels (SMS, email, push notifications) for large audiences.
- Fluent in Spanish is a plus.
- Analytical chops, able to draw insightful conclusions from heavy data sets. Experience using BI tools like Tableau and Chartio. SQL is a plus.
- Intellectually curious, empathetic, and driven to solve hard problems.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment. Comfortable making decisions amidst ambiguity, a strong bias for action.
- Adept at and enjoy partnering cross-functionally.
- Passionate about our mission to empower underserved hourly professionals and pioneer the future of work.
- Location: anywhere in the U.S., ideally in Chicago, San Francisco Bay Area, New. York City, Los Angeles
Instawork is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.