Instawork is looking for a talented, hyper-analytical, and consumer focused product analyst with a passion for driving business growth by leveraging the power of data.
Instawork is creating economic opportunity for small businesses and hourly workers by connecting them for a variety of employment opportunities. In addition to being a two-sided marketplace, the online-to-offline nature of our product presents a unique set of design and product challenges. We aren't just trying to get people to click more buttons - we're connecting people in physical space and managing around all the unpredictability and unique social dynamics of hourly labor. Your work will help warehouse and hospitality professionals to gain additional skills, earn extra income, and run their businesses more efficiently.
We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), GV (formerly Google Ventures), Spark Capital, Y Combinator, SV Angel, Crunchfund, Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more.
This cross functional role will be part of Instawork’s product team in India and will work closely with the entire organization - design, engineering, marketing, operations and sales.
What you'll do:
- Synthesize data to provide actionable insights to the leadership and the product team to influence strategy and growth
- Participate with engineering and product teams to define and upkeep our data warehouse (and related) repositories and set up best practices to effectively mine data for business intelligence
- Build dashboards and tools, craft analyses, and tell stories with data to help our teams make better decisions
- Monitor the performance of new features and recommend iterations based on your findings
- Partner with design, engineering, and operations to scope features that solve user problems
The ideal Candidate:
- Has 3+ years experience in a data analysis related profile for an e-commerce/internet company
- Has strong analytical chops, and can use SQL or reporting tools to derive actionable insights from user behavior
- Has a solid understanding of data warehouse and data mining concepts
- Understands the common metrics used in the internet industry along with business growth metrics such as retention, churn, CAC, CLTV, etc, apart from
- Is detail oriented, with a strong passion for analytics and problem solving
- Is excited to work in a fast paced environment, is comfortable with making decisions in ambiguity, and has a strong bias for action.
- Bonus: MBA or degree in analytics from Tier 1 institute
- Skills: Data Analysis, Statistical Analysis, SQL, R,
Instawork's goal is to be the essential hiring engine for small to medium-sized businesses across the globe. Our first step toward this goal is to become the "the Uber of Staffing” as our technology enables us to service the needs of the massive gig economy.
We are well positioned in the warehouse and hospitality space (think large e-commerce companies, third party logistic providers, catering companies, multi-location restaurants, event venues, golf courses, etc) and looking to quickly expand our reach across the country and then the globe.
Staffing is by far the biggest struggle the industry faces for both the business and the worker. The Light Industrial and Hospitality staffing industry is a combined $100+ billion dollar market opportunity that is primed for disruption. This presents a unique opportunity for technology and innovation to replace the outdated job boards or help wanted signs in the window. We are making a difference for thousands of businesses in multiple markets and currently looking for top-notch talent that want to change the way brick & mortar and large event venues utilize on-demand talent to fill staffing gaps. Essentially we are enabling gig workers to spend their extra time to make extra money to close the gap on their financial needs.
We have offices in San Francisco and Bangalore, along with satellite offices in various parts of the US. You can find out more about us and our values at https://www.instawork.com/about or find us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn