Sr. Manager, Site Reliability Engineering & DevOps
Downtown Los Angeles, CA
InStride is the global learning services enterprise for employers to provide career-boosting and life-changing educational degrees and credentials to their employees, through the highest- quality universities and colleges. We aim to become the indispensable human capital partner of employers, helping transform them into learning enterprises and unlocking the full potential of the university ecosystem.
As a public-benefit corporation, InStride was formed as a partnership between the industry-leading corporate online education arm of Arizona State University (ASU) and the TPG RISE fund. Building on the university’s successful corporate partnerships with companies like Starbucks and Uber, thousands of degrees from best-in-class public universities will be earned, workplace skills improved, key talent retained and employees lives’ positively impacted.
Founded to champion a movement that moves beyond simple access to higher education, InStride ensures employers can empower their employees to take a meaningful next step in their careers. For more information, please visit www.instride.com.
In this role, you will report to the Director of Infrastructure and Operations and will lead the site reliability and DevOps teams. The ideal candidate would have experience building out infrastructure, best practices, tools and frameworks in the SRE, DevOps, Data, & Security space, have a proven track record building and growing multidisciplinary engineering teams, managing cloud hosted products (preferably in a SaaS environment serving large companies) and a passion for our mission.
- Lead a team of SRE/DevOps engineers to build out and sustain our CI/CD pipelines and cloud infrastructure
- Be a technical subject matter expert in SRE, DevOps and Security
- Work closely with platform engineering, product, UX, project management, business development, customer success, growth marketing and executive teams to meet business needs
- Ensure best practices as well as implement tools and frameworks for SRE, DevOps, build and release, security, compliance, and cloud engineering
- Ensure on time, on budget and high quality deliverables that maximize business value
- Proactively communicate and manage stakeholder expectations
- 3+ years experience supporting large scale, global, high traffic and highly available consumer facing web applications and mobile apps
- 5+ years of systems engineering
- Comfortable leading multidisciplinary engineering teams
- Experience supporting SaaS solutions for large enterprise customers
- Enjoys leading, developing, and mentoring engineers towards reaching their potential while delivering high quality on time deliverables
- Experience integrating CI/CD (i.e. Jenkins, Gitlab CI), cloud services (AWS, Google Cloud), configuration management (Chef, Puppet), containerization (Docker, Kubernetes), and monitoring (NewRelic, AppDynamics) tools
- High affinity for automation
- Strong process orientation and attention to detail
- Excited by the challenge of building a world-class business that delivers not only high revenue growth and compelling ROI, but also has a meaningful impact on society
- Exposure to higher education institutions through direct experience and/or passion for the education space
- High EQ, comfort with ambiguity and a “no job too small” startup mentality
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science related field and/or work experience