Downtown Los Angeles, CA /
Technology – Engineering /
As the premier global provider of Strategic Enterprise Education™ (SEE), InStride enables employers to provide career-boosting degrees and credentials to their employees, through leading global academic institutions across the U.S., Mexico, Europe and Australia. InStride helps organizations achieve transformative business and social impact by unlocking the power of education, through advanced technology-enabled experiences for learners and corporate partners alike.
Reporting to the Manager of Engineering, this role will work as part of a team of engineers to develop, test, and release new features and functionality.
- Work as part of an agile team to develop new features and functionality.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve high-quality, elegant solutions.
- Constantly apply best practices and provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Write well-designed, testable, and efficient code.
- Design and develop automated tests.
- Follow and execute the full software development lifecycle.
- Protect operations by keeping information and data confidential.
- 3+ years software engineering experience delivering large scale, global, high traffic and highly available consumer facing web applications and mobile apps
- 3+ years experience delivering projects using agile methodologies
- 3+ years experience collaborating with and working in cross functional teams including product, user experience, project management, etc.
- Ensure use of engineering best practices for development, development, agile, security, accessibility, compliance, performance, HADR, etc.
- Experience delivering SaaS solutions for large enterprise customers
- Experience leveraging a variety of open source technologies, working with cloud services, leveraging modern UI frameworks (Angular, React) , backend (RESTful APIs, Node.js, python, microservices, serverless, etc)
- Be able to lead and be a technical subject matter expert for platform architecture discussions and decisions
- Strong process orientation and attention to detail
- Proactively communicate and manage expectations with your leader and team
- Excited by the challenge of building a world-class business that delivers not only high revenue growth and compelling ROI, but also has a meaningful impact on society
- Exposure to higher education institutions through direct experience and/or passion for the education space
- Comfort with ambiguity and a “no job too small” startup mentality
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science related field and/or work experience
InStride is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.