Vice President, Business Development
Downtown Los Angeles, CA
Corporate Partnerships – Corporate Partnerships / Business Development
As the premier global provider of Strategic Enterprise Education (SEE), InStride enables employers to provide career-boosting degrees to their employees, through leading global academic institutions across the U.S., Mexico, Europe and Australia. InStride helps organizations achieve transformative business and social impact by unlocking the power of education, through advanced technology-enabled experiences for learners and corporate partners alike.
InStride is the global learning services enterprise for employers to provide career-boosting and life-changing educational degrees and credentials to their employees, through the highest- quality universities and colleges. We aim to become the indispensable human capital partner of employers, helping transform them into learning enterprises and unlocking the full potential of the university ecosystem.
As a public-benefit corporation, InStride was formed as a partnership between the industry-leading corporate online education arm of Arizona State University (ASU) and the TPG RISE fund. Building on the university’s successful corporate partnerships with companies like Starbucks and Uber, thousands of degrees from best-in-class public universities will be earned, workplace skills improved, key talent retained and employees lives’ positively impacted.
Founded to champion a movement that moves beyond simple access to higher education, InStride ensures employers can empower their employees to take a meaningful next step in their careers. For more information, please visit www.instride.com.
InStride is looking for an experienced Vice President of Business Development who wants to jump in head-first and establish groundbreaking partnerships with corporations and large employer executives. You will directly contribute to the growth of InStride by bringing career boosting educational credentials to employees.
InStride is looking to appoint a dynamic, high-performing, and relationship-driven business development expert with an entrepreneurial mindset. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, who loves the thrill of the hunt, and is capable of building a business. The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for the mission, an ability to foster long-term relationships, experience in navigating complex organizations, a track record of success, and true competitive DNA.
This position will report to the Chief Customer Officer.
- Master InStride’s offerings and competitive positioning
- Build InStride’s go-to-market in the Travel/Hospitality and Transportation industry verticals
- Be resourceful, engaged and driven in building a sustainable pipeline and delivering consistent revenue
- Demonstrate the maturity and executive presence to engage C-suite clients in understanding and delivering a talent transformation program
- With a highly consultative approach, in high energy, fast moving environment, sell solutions that build long-term trust with clients and learners alike
- Build long-term executive relationships and successfully navigate the decision-making process in large complex organizations
- Consistently exceed quarterly and annual sales quotas
- InStride is a team sport. Work closely and collaboratively with colleagues to ensure the three-sided marketplace delivers for each stakeholder group (corporate partners, universities and learners)
- Maintain a high volume of activity including outbound calls, emails, and social selling
- Utilize outstanding presentation capabilities to skillfully deliver web based and in-person proposals
- Maintain professional and proactive communication with colleagues regarding activities, customer needs, and other business opportunities
- Willing to travel up to 50%
- At least 8-10+ years of business development experience; excellent sales motion and closing skills and strong customer focus.
- Strong track record of achievement selling complex services to large corporations
- Proven experience navigating $5M+ annual contract values (ACV) in multi-year contracts
- Trained in consultative / value based selling with experience at both high growth and established organizations preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with Salesforce to track deal pipeline and create a systematic approach to demand generation
- Extremely high energy, with a sense of urgency to build the sales pipeline and tenacity to close deals
- Proactive, self-starter with good work ethic and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Socially aware, deeply empathetic and quickly able to establish rapport in a variety of settings
- Must demonstrate personal credibility for the social movement InStride aims to create. Excited by the challenge of building a world-class business that delivers not only high revenue growth and compelling ROI, but also has a meaningful impact on society
- Ability to facilitate and enable people to collaborate with each other; and promote collaboration with partners e.g. with Universities, corporate clients and the team
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university; Graduate degree is highly preferred
- High EQ, comfort with ambiguity and a “no job too small” startup mentality
- Los Angeles, Bay Area or Arizona-based preferred
InStride is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.